Sales Admin Support/Sales Co-ordinator European Road Freight
Our Client is a worldwide market leader in the provision of European Road, Worldwide Air & Sea & UK distribution services. With nearly 40 years experience in shipping parcels, pallets & full loads they have remained innovative, rising to the distribution & logistics challenges presented by today's ever changing markets.
An exciting opportunity has now arisen for a European Freight Sales Admin Support / Operator / Co-ordinator based out of our clients busy site in DARTFORD. The role is to support the Manager and in particular Sales Staff through administrative duties to allow them to focus on new and existing business development. Along with general office admin this will also involve the direct communication with the branches customer base via email and phone, along with the utilisation of our clients software.
Your responsibilities are varied and will involve:
- Office administration duties such as the post, petty cash, expense claims, Stationery orders, meeting room bookings, visitors book etc.
- Receiving inbound calls from within the branches client base and either redirect the call to the relevant employee or, if they are away from the office, deal with their call correctly in order to satisfy the customer's needs.
- This will include taking the details of a quote / calculating a price / using your experience and that of others to conclude a sale price / communicate that to the customer / enter the booking onto our system and provide feedback on the shipments progress to the customer.
- Entering the customers bookings onto our system will be a daily task and requires excellent attention to detail while working with the sales representative to make sure you have all the required information.
- Logging any activity with the customer onto the CMS system (Goldmine).
- Managing all facets of the accounts for which you are responsible, ensuring that credit limits are managed in line with Company standards, internal communication with all operational departments allows those departments to perform their roles correctly and in order to ensure delivery of our promises made to the customer.
- To complete KPI reports for customers.
- To deal with the passing of our suppliers invoices in line with the agreed cost and investigating any discrepancies.
- Investigating any invoice discrepancies from our customers regarding their invoice.
- Using the Internet and other resources to assist with lead generation.
- Depending on the individual they may be encouraged to help with the profiling of new business prospects in preparation for a sales representative to visit.
- Any other duty as dictated by your manager, from time-to-time.
In order to apply for this role you must have freight forwarding experience gained in sales support/admin or a similar type role. You will also have good administration skills, with word and excel computer skills, full training will be provided on the internal database.
Attention to detail with a passion for customer service is critical to this role. Time management skills are essential as are communication (phone and writing) skills, the ability to prioritise and to work under pressure of workload is also a necessity. A good head for numbers is required.