Account Manager - Construction & Materials Handling Finance - North of England & Scotland
Account Manager - Construction & Materials Handling Asset Finance
Territory: North of England & Scotland
An excellent opportunity to join a multi-national provider of commercial asset finance & leasing solutions.
Our client are keen to recruit a new field-based Account Manager who will focus on the Construction, Materials Handling and Commercial Transport sectors.
Your territory will cover the North West, North East of England and Scotland, from Yorkshire upwards.
As Account Manager you would be responsible for initiating, developing and/or maintaining commercial contacts, identifying and pursuing sales opportunities (hunter) and providing support to the appointed vendor/partner/dealers (farmer), in order to realise the formulated sales objectives on lease penetration rate, new business volume and vendor/partner/dealer profitability.
You will operate predominantly in the construction sector but the role will also involve some materials handling accounts.
The right candidate will be a conscientious self-starter, with relationship building expertise and the ability to grow accounts.
You will be excited by challenging targets and this role will help grow the UK based global programmes.
- Analyse market segment, identify target opportunities, contribute to country market and sales plan and align vendor/partner/dealer plan to country sales plan.
- Analyse, develop, get approval on- and implement a vendor/partner/dealer plan and targets (incl. sales forecast, budget, objectives, sales tactics, etc.) and liaise with all relevant stakeholders on plan. Optimise portfolio by stimulating non-interest income (steer towards operational lease, extra services, asset management).
- Identify and act on, or actively pursue, sales opportunities with vendor/partner/dealer organization and enthuse them for (program) opportunities, receive and manage quote requests and ensure follow up of opportunities within the organisation.
- Support vendor/partner/dealer organisations in their business activities by providing information, training and financing expertise. Liaise with internal and external Marketing departments and conduct round-table meetings to gather information regarding customers and end-users and contribute to marketing campaigns.
- Visit relations and prospects and bring our client’s financing- and/or vendor/partner program opportunities to their attention.
- Structure transactions and/or deals with (local) vendor/partner/dealer deviating from program agreement, involve relevant expertise (e.g. credit risk, fiscal, legal, etc.) and balance interests of all stakeholders involved.
- Manage the business relationships with (local) vendor/partner/dealer organisations throughout the relationship life cycle and on a country level, conducting regular meetings with customers and counterparts within the business.
- Signal improvement opportunities during program life cycle, roll out existing global programs on a local level and introduce new and cross sell existing products and services to (local) vendor/partner/dealer organisations.
- Develop local new vendor/partner/dealer business opportunities and establish, implement and roll out a program agreement with local customer (starting from a Greenfield situation), liaising with relevant functional disciplines and monitoring/managing program performance.
The salary is up to £43K depending on experience, annual bonus incentive of 25% and excellent benefits inc:
- 25 days holiday plus bank hols
- Non-contributory pension
- Car allowance