Legal Secretary -
Our client is looking for a competent legal secretary for 6-12 months:
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support fee earners and their department with a full range of secretarial skills, including arranging appointments, dealing with client queries in person and by telephone, together with preparation of correspondence by audio typing using digital dictation.
- Using the Land Registry Portal, completing Land Registry returns, and submission of SDLT forms.
- Opening/closing client files in a timely manner filing and photocopying relevant.
- Maintaining and coordinating diaries as necessary.
- Regular consideration of client files and advising fee earners on any action required.
- To provide ad hoc secretarial cover for sickness and holiday absences in the team when needed.
- Covering Reception during lunch breaks, holidays and unforeseen absences; collection/delivery of daily incoming/outgoing post and DX usually by office rota.
- Compliance with the firm’s accounts and administrative disciplines and procedures.
- To agree on clear objectives linked to the Firm’s business plan and participate in the performance management system, assessing performance and giving feedback as relevant.
- To have a personal development plan and evaluate the effect of training on achievement.
- To clearly identify the standards and systems required to continually improve our customer service
- To comply with all the Firm’s relevant policies and procedures
- To ensure confidentiality on all appropriate matters and recognise that any breach of this confidentiality will be treated very seriously.
Please contact Courtney Brown at Partners Recruitment Ltd in total confidence.
Partners Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy