Newly Qualified Finance Manager
We are part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. With 75,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India this is an exciting prospect for anyone looking to join Capita as it opens many doors in terms of progression opportunities in a range of sectors
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a Newly Qualified/Finalist Finance Manager. This is a newly created role we are therefore seeking candidates that are exceptionally driven and want excellent career progression.
Creation of the management accounts and financial statements. Provide support to Finance Manager and the wider Group Support Services division.
Role and Responsibilities:
An exciting role created within the Finance team in the Services Division of Capita This role gives the opportunity for an individual to take ownership of the management accounts, drive improvements in the month end/ various reporting processes and be involved in creation of divisional MI.
Creation and Ownership of the Management Accounts:
- Full responsibility and ownership of the month end process, includes posting of all journals and calculation of cost accruals
- Ensuring all intercompany cross charges are validated and back-up in place, challenging any charges which are incorrect/ not justified.
- Making any necessary intercompany cross charges in a timely manner
- General ledger maintenance; ensuring all entries are posted to the correct project codes, GL accounts and profit centres.
- Completion of the management accounts in a timely manner, ready for various reviews with Finance Manager (FM) and Finance director (FD); includes P&L and BS
- Variance analysis; current month actuals vs forecast and month on month movements in full year forecast
- Attending monthly finance meetings with operational/service directors , supporting FM and FD in these meetings.
- Ensuring all balance sheet balances are fully reconciled and understood.
- Ensuring all capital expenditure is capitalised and back-up for these journals is provided to Group Management Accounts team
- Creation of cash flow forecast; used for reporting to Group Management Accounts team. To be provided monthly
- Assisting FM with monthly finance cycle; working with teams to review movements in full year forecast , challenging assumptions where necessary; updating management accounts with any movements
- Ensuring all cost entries within SAP are in the right account codes/WBSs.
- Creation of the monthly Flash report in a timely manner; to be reviewed with FM and FD prior to submission to the Board for review.
- Assisting FM with creation of the MOB pack on a monthly basis in a timely manner; to be reviewed with FD and Operation Execs prior to submission.
- In charge of expenses reporting, including creation of templates and dashboards for monitoring and reporting to teams and senior management.
- Monitoring/ reporting on internal vs external spend and contractor specific spend
- Ad hoc reporting requested by FM, FD and various stake holders within the division.
Financial control & driving improvements
- Raise & goods receipt purchase orders for extrenal spend not specific to bids.
- Action any improvements required to balance sheet/ management accounts from monthly reviews
- Communicate regularly and effectively with Capita Group Finance to ensure compliance with policies.
- Regularly reviewing the improvements log file; taking action to close these off, adding actions where necessary
Skills / Competencies Profile
- The ability to work accurately and adhere to critical deadlines,
- An enquiring mind to question and challenge, as appropriate, on own initiative
- A fast learner with the ability to drive efficiencies in processes where appropriate
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
Knowledge / Qualification Profile
- Passed finalist / newly qualified (ACCA/CIMA/ACA)
- IT literate with strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Previous experience in a Management Accountant role with at least 3 years' experience within Finance
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job we will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.