Head of Key Accounts
Golden Charter is the UK's leading provider of funeral plans. With more than 250 employees and 26 years’ experience in helping people take care of their funeral arrangements and later life planning needs, Golden Charter is the expert when it comes to planning ahead.
Opportunities for promotion within Golden Charter are commonplace with over 50 internal promotions in the last 2 years. Our commitment to our people, and our innovative thinking, has contributed to us becoming an industry-leading organisation with sales growth in excess of 150% over the last five years.
The success of our business is down to our people and our priority is making Golden Charter a great place to work. We recognise potential, providing opportunities that fit an individual’s skills and talents, and ensure the right support is in place.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Key Accounts to join our expanding field sales team covering the UK, this is a National role which will consist of a few days a week spent away from home.
Reporting to the Director of FD Sales, this position is responsible for managing large business relationships at a national level within the Funeral Director channel. You will prioritise building on these existing relationships and securing new business with the key objective of growing sales and ensuring that relationships are long term and mutually beneficial in order to maximise sales of our Prepaid Funeral Plans.
You will be responsible for achieving and exceeding your targets and objectives as agreed by your Line Manager whilst ensuring all business is conducted according to the correct procedures.
An additional key aspect of the role will be to support the Director of Funeral Director Sales and supporting the ongoing development of the Key Account Manager teams.
- To manage, develop and maintain relationships with new and existing FD accounts, ensuring they meet the standards required by Golden Charter
- To achieve and exceed personal targets and objectives as set by FD senior management team
- Proactively promote and secure increased plan sales through agreed business and marketing plans with the support of Golden Charter’s marketing function.
- Develop & implement effective strategic business plans for our Prepaid Funeral Plans and identify opportunities for growth to ensure delivery of sales volume targets
- To maintain strong relationships with Head Office departments and ensure FD service level expectations are met and maintained at all times
- Play an integral role in supporting the FD senior management team
- Represent Golden Charter where appropriate at external events and SAIF Trade body
- Ensure Golden Charter’s values, culture and standards of performance expectations are maintained at all times including, but not limited to:
- Responsibility for identifying and managing risks attached to the accounts they manage within their reasonable means of control
- Ensuring an understanding of how the account undertakes the sale of Golden Charter products and any changes to that approach over the lifetime of the account
- Monitoring of individual account activity with a particular focus on the achievement of pre-defined quality standards
- Account Management - ability to manage and develop relationships and deliver incremental year on year sales from new and existing FD accounts
- Resilient - able to withstand and respond to challenges
- Results Orientated - driven to succeed and achieve and exceed personal objectives
- Team Player - confident in delivering within, and contributing to, a positive team environment
- Self-motivated - a positive attitude, able to work alone or as part of a team
- Commercially aware - able to negotiate, within delegated limits, and achieve the best result for the company
- Excellent communicator - ability to communicate across all levels including corporate partner & Golden Charter board, senior management, middle management etc.
- Proven sales/business development/ account management experience with a track record of account management, retention.
- Organised - manages diary, projects etc. to ensure maximum return from activities for the business
Financial Services experience is desirable but not essential; we are above all looking for someone who is driven by success.
Salary: £55-£60,000. OTE £70,000
Benefits: Company car/car allowance, pension contribution, free life insurance, fantastic career opportunities