Mechanical Design engineer for Automotive Combustion Engine!
Mechanical Design engineer for Automotive Combustion Engine
£40,000 - £50,000
With Pension & Healthcare
Design Engineer to join exciting & expanding automotive engineering company developing a state of the art Internal Combustion Engine. With experience from an automotive, aerospace / avionics, turbine, nuclear, oil & gas or other highly regulated industry the Design Engineer will be required to produce high quality design CAD drawings. With superb engineering knowledge and excellent eye for detail the Mechanical Design engineer will have experience working with base engine systems in diesel or gasoline.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Design core engine parts using CAD (CATIA, NX, ProE, solidworks etc.)
- Design of engine components which may include castings, crank blocks, conrods, crank case, crank pins, crankshaft, piston rods, cylinder block, cylinder head
- Help generate concept ideas within the design team
- Assist in the design to incorporate components
- Produce basic calculations related to CAD drawings
- Documentation to a high standard
- Min 5yrs CAD experience on engine component parts
- Qualified in engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Have a sound understanding of mechanical engineering principles
- Have the ability to operate CAD (NX and ProE beneficial but any other CAD package accepted as long as there is willingness to learn - most important is base engine knowledge!)
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage a wide variety of work concurrently
- Willingness to learn new skills
Fantastic opportunity for a motorsport /automotive enthusiast with great CAD skills!
Being an expanding business there is scope for fast track career development if desired.