Our client care for and support adults living with a learning disability or autism in specialist hospitals and residential services throughout the UK.
You will be working in a 17 bed independent hospital in County Durham providing specialist assessment and rehabilitation for men on the autistic spectrum with associated complex needs
- Working within a highly specialised clinical area, to provide psychological assessments of clients.
- To formulate plans for formal psychological interventions based upon an appropriate conceptual framework of the client’s problems.
- To support the clinical, nursing and direct care teams in making skilled evaluations and decisions about clinical options.
- To be responsible for implementing a range of highly specialist psychological interventions for individuals and groups, adjusting and refining psychological formulations.
Teaching, Training and Supervision
- To ensure appropriate systems for the clinical and professional supervision of qualified and unqualified psychologists across the service.
- To provide clinical and professional supervision to qualified and assistant psychologists working in the service.
Many more responsibilities can and will be explained as well as a full job description, that will be directly emailed to the applicant.
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
Post-graduate doctoral level training in Clinical Psychology (or its equivalent for those trained prior to 1996) as accredited by the BPS.
Assessed experience of working as a qualified Clinical Psychologist, normally within services for people with learning disabilities.
Salary: £38,000 - £43,000 Hours: 24
- Free on-site parking,
- Courtesy meal and refreshments while on shift,
- Discount scheme,
- Generous annual leave,
- Access to training that supports personal career development