Criminal Defence Solicitor
Criminal Defence Solicitor - Spider. The Regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiters are thrilled to be supporting a highly-regarded legal firm in their search for a Criminal Defence Solicitor to be based in Bury St Edmunds.
Established in 1979, this long-standing practice offer practical legal advice across a variety of sectors. As a Criminal Defence Solicitor, you will be responsible for providing a high standard of criminal defence advice and services to publicly-funded and private clients, across the region.
All levels of criminal defence experience will be considered, and recently qualified candidates will be supported to acquire Duty Solicitor accreditation and, further professional qualification including Higher Rights of Audience.
Other key responsibilities within this role:
- Represent clients at Magistrates Courts
- Assist clients at the police station, including some out of hours work in the area
- Ensure the efficient day to day progress of your matters, prioritising work as necessary and keeping the client informed of all progress
- Accurately record all work carried out on the firms computerised system
- Ensure that all work meets or exceeds the requirements in the SRA Code of Conduct, the LAA`s Standard Contract, and meets Quality Mark standards.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Fully qualified Solicitor
- At least 2 years current experience of criminal defence work
- Higher Rights of Audience (advantageous but not essential)
- Duty Solicitor accredited (advantageous but not essential)
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Excellent time management
On offer is a salary of £ 25,000 - £35,000 per annum dependant on experience, and the contribution the successful candidate makes to the firm. This company are also offering a generous out of hours bonus plus other benefits including 28 days holiday per year including bank holidays, a pension scheme and a company laptop and mobile phone.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established company and work with a dedicated team and highly respected criminal defence team.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to join this incredibly successful company, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiters. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire.
Additional keywords: criminal, defence, solicitor, law, crime, PQE, administration
By applying for this role, you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider Web Recruiters will not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment.