Accountant - JO2701
Location Co. Derry/Co. Antrim
Salary £30,000- £34,000
Permanent Full Time - 37.5 hours per week
Mon - Fri 9.00am - 5.00pm
We are proud to be working with a multi award-winning retail establishment. The Company currently has a portfolio of seven retail outlets, with a mix of retail, fuel forecourts, wine stores and an online wine store operating in mid-Ulster and North West of the province. The Group has set itself apart from competitors via the delivery of excellent customer service and forward thinking, entrepreneurial ideas.
Currently they have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Accountant to embrace the challenge of running the accountancy function for this growing retail organisation.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in accounting, technical proficiency combined with business acumen and effective decision-making skills. You will be required to provide analysis and commentary on business performance, take ownership of a robust financial control framework including statutory reporting and implement effective accounting systems.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate sound financial reporting experience, excellent communication skills and extensive experience in a fast-paced, commercial environment. You will be responsible for managing an accounts team based at their Head Office, ensuring the timely recording and administration of all day to day financial transactions.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Ensure timely recording of all day to day financial transactions
- Prepare financial statements for internal and external use within specified timeframes and in accordance with recognised accounting standards
- Prepare Annual budgets and cashflow projections for each store and the global corporate structure
- Review and update budgets and cashflow on a quarterly basis
- Analyse financial performance and prepare monthly reports for each store to enable management teams to make timely strategic decisions
- Ensure compliance with all statutory reporting deadlines for VAT, PAYE, NEST etc.
- Design, Implementation and review of appropriate stock take system and dissemination of reports and outcomes within a timely manner
- Recommend methods and strategies for efficiencies within organisation
- Maintain records and support auditing efforts
- Development and maintenance of store and global company KPI’s, regularly reporting on these
- Preparation of regular reports for Managing Director to enable effective and timely strategic business decisions
- Carry out due diligence and critical analysis of potential developments and acquisitions for the MD
- Oversee IT infrastructure, hardware and software across the Company
- Carryout administration for rebates under loyalty schemes/service level agreements
- Preparation of information to facilitate presentation to current and potential funders for new projects and developments
- Preparation of and presentation of information to external professional advisors, in particular, solicitors and accountants
- Ensure effective integration of new business acquisitions into accounts function in a timely manner
- Research and carry out presentations to management team and advisors in relation to potential grants and subsidies
- Liaise with External Auditor
- Development of a strong internal accounting, including development plans and strategy for each member of the team
- Design, Implementation and review of strong financial control procedures throughout the organisation
- Offering key strategic advice and analysis in relation to savings and effective growth strategy
- Must be a Qualified Accountant
- Must have a proven track record in financial reporting skills, delivering to strict deadlines
- Have extensive post qualification experience in a commercial environment
- Have management experience of an accounts team
- Have experience in working in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Have experience of implementing accounting processes/procedures to maximise efficiency/reporting
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- Proven track record of negotiation of financial considerations with key stakeholders
- Experience of developing and implementing Company strategic plans
- Experience of working within an accounts retail environment
- Experience of carrying out due diligence assessments for potential acquisitions
Unless a closing date is detailed/stipulated in the text of an advert then there is no fixed closing date and any closing date shown on the website you are reviewing this role on is not a closing date as such but a date for removing the advert.
This also means that sometimes a role may close/fill with little or no notice.
Wherever possible we endeavor to notify applicants if they have been unsuccessful, however, due to the large volume of applications that we receive for each position this is not always possible.
Applications/expressions of interest can/will only be accepted from those living within a reasonable commutable distance of the place of work or those genuinely willing and able to relocate.
Interested in this role?
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. to us in "word format only" with an accompanying cover letter/email highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the essential criteria.
You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title (noted above).
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged and permission sought to send your C.V. to our hiring client for review. All applications are treated in strict confidence.