Audit & Accounts Manager
My client is a two partner general practice based in Walthamstow are looking for an Audit & Accounts Manager looking to work with a large variety of clients, specialising in the shipping Industry and schools sector.
The practice is looking to acquire and grow strongly in next ten years, so needs an experienced Audit & Accounts Manager, able to commute daily to Walthamstow, with senior management experience in practice for last three to five years and be ready for an exciting yet challenging role.
Roles and Responsibilities for the Audit & Accounts Manager located in Walthamstow:
- Running and managing a client portfolio
- Reporting directly to Partners, managing other staff, including reviewing accounts and personal tax returns. (65% Accounts and Tax ,35% Audit role)
- Accounts preparation and completion
- Audit preparation and completion
- Personal Tax preparation and completion
- Corporation tax preparation and completion
The ideal candidate for the Audit & Accounts Manager will be:
- ICAEW or ACCA qualified with a minimum of 6 years' post qualification practice
- Must have strong technical accounting skills and experience
- Must be technically up to date with preparation of accounts under latest FRS 102, FRS 102 1A & FRS 105.
- Preferably able to prepare charity accounts without supervision, conduct independent examination and make ready for Partner sign off.
- Experience in preparing Academy School Accounts under EFA requirements would be very useful but not essential.
- Will be hands on with Accounts preparation and conducting of Audit. This is not just a supervisory role, it will involve detailed technical work in all areas of accounts preparation and audit.
- Must have excellent technical audit skills and strong practical experience so that candidate can complete audits with assistance from the audit team.
- The candidate must be able to prepare the Audit file for the Partner to review and sign off the sections as appropriate.
- A commutable distance from Walthamstow
What's on offer?
- £50,000 - £60,000
- Huge scope for progression, including partner level