ACCA is the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. We're the world's most forward thinking professional accountancy body. Since we were founded in 1904, we’ve expanded to over 1200 staff in 53 countries, meaning we’re a truly global organisation.
Our people enjoy a working environment that’s dynamic, human and connected, and have a strong focus on creating value for our students and members.
We’re currently recruiting for two Compliance Officers on a full time, permanent basis to join the Monitoring Operations team in London.
On a day to day basis, you’ll be involved in the following:
- Conducting desktop-based rule compliance reviews in accordance with prescribed policies and procedures, covering two categories of practising firm: those which hold audit registration but have no current audit appointments and those which do not hold audit registration
- Planning and prioritising desktop monitoring (DTM) reviews of holders of an ACCA practising certificate according to periodic lists produced with target dates for completion
- Assessing the results of the review, issuing reports to the firms and requesting an appropriate response and/or additional information, following up on any outstanding matters as necessary
- Contributing to maintaining the DTM procedures and methodology to ensure they reflect changes in ACCA’s rulebook, suggesting changes to the methodology to improve efficiency of delivery and encouraging compliance in ACCA firms
On occasions you may be required to participate in on-site, personal monitoring visits to a sample of firms which will involve travel and overnight stays away from home.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is educated to degree level or equivalent
- Has experience working within the regulation / compliance environment
- Has demonstrable experience of producing, analysing and summarising written reports where accuracy and attention to detail is paramount
- Has an understanding of the types of work undertaken by accountancy firms - desirable
- Has the ability to communicate confidently, effectively and appropriately with experienced, qualified practitioners, both orally and in writing
- Has proven experience of building strong working relationships and managing potentially difficult individuals in a courteous manner
- Has sound judgment skills with the ability to make reasoned and appropriate decisions
- Has proven experience of following and applying strictly defined procedures and methodology
And in working with us, you’ll enjoy:
- A competitive salary and generous benefits package including private healthcare and pension
- Flexi-time and casual Fridays
- High spec City Centre office
Interested in this role? Click 'Apply now’ to submit your application.
Close Date: 9am 18/07/2017