Accounts Payable Assistant, IT Administrator, Purchasing
Accounts Payable Assistant, IT Administrator, Purchasing, Purchase Orders, London
IT Administrator required to work for a Professional Services company based in Central London. You will have a mixed role here that will have a split between being an administrator for the overall IT Department, being responsible for PA / EA duties, along with attending meetings and documenting minutes etc. It is ESSENTIAL for you to have some Accounts Payable or Purchasing experience. You MUST be a Professional with the presence and experience to work within a Professional Services environment. Read on for more details…
To provide administrative and secretarial support to the Director of IT and IT Department to help ensure the smooth running of the Department.
The role will be varied and include:
- Data and Finance:
- Maintain and administer the IT purchase order system, ensuring that all items ordered have an order number and are correctly logged and can be matched to delivery notes and subsequent invoices.
- Manage and chase suppliers, act as first point of contact for service providers regarding invoices and ensure stock levels are maintained.
- Process all IT-related invoices, ensuring that they are appropriate, approved and passed on to Accounts Payable for settlement, and dealing with any related queries.
- Maintain the IT contracts database, ensuring that the Director of IT is aware of renewal dates well in advance.
- Maintain the software licence register to ensure compliance between licences owned and used.
- Assist with maintaining key vendor relationships and tendering for new suppliers when necessary.
- Manage and control the firm's mobile phone connections and bills.
- Monitor and control departmental credit card usage.
- Prepare and check travel and other expenses;
- Manage and maintain the IT Director's diary and appointments.
- Organise internal and external meetings, book conference rooms, prepare agendas and draft Minutes.
- Co-ordinate travel and accommodation arrangements for IT Director and IT staff.
- Scanning and photocopying.
- Transcription and/or copy typing to a high standard of accuracy, within deadlines.
- Drafting basic correspondence and/or standard documents.
- Typing up Minutes.
- Ensuring all filing is accurate and kept up-to-date.
- Update the IT page of the intranet.
- Deal with internal clients and external suppliers with professionalism and consideration.
- Filter general information, queries and phone calls to the IT Director by redirecting or taking forward such contact as appropriate.
- Handle telephone enquiries in a professional and polite manner, taking accurate messages.
- Prepare correspondence on behalf of the IT Director, including the drafting of general replies.
- Deal with incoming/outgoing e-mails and post quickly and efficiently.
- Working as part of a team with other members of the Department.
- Any other ad hoc duties as and when required.
Key Skills & Experience Required:
- Ideally, previous experience within a professional services organisation.
- Professional demeanour.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Customer service skills: dealing with queries in a professional, polite and considerate manner.
- Good communication skills: able to communicate in a confident and assertive manner. Also able to work calmly and efficiently under pressure.
- High levels of discretion, confidentiality and diplomacy.
- Good typing and IT skills
This is a great opportunity and salary is dependent upon experience. Apply now for more details.