Private Equity Analyst (Property)
The Private Markets financial reporting analyst is accountable for financial control, financial reporting and cash processes relating to the Private Equity and Property assets.
- The Private Markets financial reporting analyst is responsible, as part of a team of 3 individuals, for the operational and financial control, accounting and financial reporting of the private equity asset class and the property asset class.
- The post-holder is responsible for day-to-day finance and operational activities of the private equity and property portfolios and to provide sound financial control and reporting.
Manage cash payments and receipts relating to property and private equity
- Responsible for accounting for transactions in the property and PE portfolios, including instructing the Fund’s accounting service and system provider (State Street) to book entries in its MCH system and booking entries in the PE system (Private I), and booking entries in the Property system (SAP)
- Responsible for booking quarterly PE and Property valuations in the accounting systems
Responsible for the medium term cash forecast for PE and Property, and for agreeing PE performance with State Street’s performance services arm.
- Strive for continuous improvement of process and content in all areas and support ad hoc projects.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Experience of working with Private Market assets in the investment management industry, preferably with experience of alternative assets
- Qualified or part qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA)
- Tax knowledge and experience with regards to property and private markets tax matters and Fund related tax matters