Platforms and Storage Engineer
Help us Transform the way the World does Business
We're looking for a Linux expert to help shape the IT experience at London Business School and develop our infrastructure to meet ever-changing requirements.
Deliver a Seamless Service
As our primary authority on Linux, you'll be the go-to on all Unix/Linux server administration, using your expertise to deliver excellent day-to-day support and maintenance and ensuring a consistently high quality service. As well as assisting on supporting Windows server environments and helping to monitor systems and virtual servers, we want someone who can help deliver infrastructure improvements and innovatively refine operational processes, adding real value to how we work. This is an opportunity to make your mark as a local expert; you'll work across the School, gaining and utilising insight in a global, customer-facing IT service. That means you'll:
* Provide day-to-day network engineering support across Linux and Windows servers
* Improve server security through regular analysis, applying patches and enforcing security policy
* Support on development of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plans for server and storage environments
* Ensure effective service delivery by rectifying issues promptly, developing work-arounds and resolutions and applying change control procedures
* Plan and manage routine monthly maintenance tasks
Share our Knowledge
We generate research and ideas that have a real and lasting influence on people, businesses and markets around the world. To do that, we have to make sure we've got the people, tools and infrastructure to share our thinking globally. You'll be key in maintaining and developing an IT capability that is essential to achieving these ambitions.
Who We Are Looking For
* Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification
* 1-2 years' experience across Linux; solid knowledge of LDAP, Apache/Tomcat
* Working knowledge of Perl/PHP/Rub/shell scripting
* Knowledge of Windows Server, Active Directory and wider software including network protocols, backup solutions, monitoring systems
* Good general IT understanding including knowledge of ITIL best practice
* Experience delivering results in high pressure, customer-focused environment and within formal change and release process
* Comfortable working in multi-server and virtualised environments
Be Part of an International Network
We're a global institution: 94% of our students and 86% of our faculty members are international. Together, we're changing the way the world does business. Based in London's Regent's Park, this is an opportunity to work at the heart of Europe's digital capital - and in one of the world's most important financial, entrepreneurial and cultural centres.
Why London Business School?
Our vision is to have a profound impact on the way the world does business. This can only be achieved through our people; with 93% of our staff saying they are proud to work here and being consistently ranked among the best in the world for our MBA, global Executive MBA and Masters in Finance programmes you will have an opportunity to be part of this journey.
Benefits We Offer
As an employee at London Business School you will enjoy a generous holiday entitlement, on site swimming pool, sauna and gym, automatic enrolment to the Universities Superannuation Scheme (a defined benefit workplace pension scheme) and season ticket loan facility. There is also a wide range of professional development opportunities to support your career path. Our full list of employee benefits can be accessed here.
Location: Regent's Park, London