Tax & Partnership Administrator, Professional Services
Tax & Partnership Administrator, Professional Services, Customer Services, London
Tax & Partnership Administrator required to work for a Professional Services company based in Central London. You MUST have had at least 6 months experience working in a Professional Services company as an Administrator. Having some form of Finance Qualification would be highly beneficial. Read on for more details.
In line with policies and procedures, key responsibilities will include:
- Housekeeping in relation to partnership changes / moves, including quarterly correspondence with banks and accountants regarding joiners and leavers, and submitting relevant tax documents to HMRC for new partners;
- Keeping entity details up-to-date on HR information system;
- Arranging financial inductions and off-boarding meetings with partners;
- Sending partner distributions and debt lists;
- Taking internal and external queries, responding as appropriate and/or ensuring that all messages are passed on in a timely manner;
- Assisting with tax computations;
- Assisting with partnership capital subscriptions;
- Diary management;
- Monitoring post and/or e-mails and deal with as appropriate.
- Making international travel arrangements across multiple time zones, to include flights and accommodation through the firm's travel provider, ensuring adherence to firm policy, arranging visas where appropriate and preparing detailed itineraries;
- Dealing with reimbursement of expenses;
- Dealing with invoices;
- Arranging internal and external meetings, including making any catering arrangements;
- Arranging partner meetings with external tax advisers;
- Producing minutes, correspondence and presentations;
- Drafting mortgage reference letters;
- Corresponding with partners in relation to lock-up;
- Dealing with invoices.
- General administrative duties, including filing, photocopying, printing and scanning.
- Any other ad hoc duties as reasonably requested.
Key Skills & Experience Required
- A minimum of six months' administrative experience within a professional services firm.
- Excellent customer service skills, dealing with people and tasks in a professional, polite and considerate manner.
- Excellent communication, organisational, time management and administrative skills.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality and act with diplomacy, tact and discretion at all times.
- Flexible and dependable, able to take the initiative.
- Able to remain calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
- Conscientious, approachable and enthusiastic.
- Have a positive approach to daily tasks and have a solutions-focussed working method.
- Flexible with regard to working hours, arriving earlier and staying later as the job or business requires.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint).
This is a great opportunity and salary is dependent upon experience. Apply now for more details.