Job Title: Project Director
Your salary: £90,000 - £100,000
Job type: Permanent
How you apply: Online or by phone (Michael Stevens)
Who you'll be working for:
Our client is one of the UK's most recognized and respected Construction Companies with more than 100 years of Industry experience and a proven record of successfully delivering major landmark projects in the UK and globally. With an in-house M&E design and delivery division working closely with the Construction Arm this is the opportunity to join an employer of choice with excellent long term career prospects, a wide diverse portfolio of clients, projects & sectors and all at the forefront of Construction innovation with a real conscious focus on employee development and progression.
Some of your responsibilities:
Our client is looking for an experienced Project Director to deliver projects on time and within budget, with attention to safety and quality, whilst enhancing reputation with external clients and work colleagues. Extensive experience from pre-tender through to close out of the project is a specific requirement. The PD role within this Operating Unit encompasses a need for business development skills, ability to manage bids and follow them through to the construction phase.
- Be responsible for the safe, effective and right first time delivery of the specific contract's requirements
- Resource works appropriately and drive capability and performance within project team
- Promote and adhere to through visible leadership the company's Health & Safety Policy and Procedure
- Train and develop supervisory and operational employees to ensure the accurate availability of competent staff
- Ensure line managers aware of key issues and solutions
- Ensure line reports are aware of role and responsibilities at every stage of the project cycle
- Develop and maintain relationships with all relevant stake holders, including client representatives, supply chain and local authorities
- Provide reports and management information to senior management and clients
- Complete projects to the required quality
- Have Full responsibility for project budget, costs, cash flow and margin
- Manage contractual issues arising with client and sub-contractors
- Produce, own and execute the project to the contract programme
- Lead and provide suitable bid support at tender stage
You must have:
- Proven track record of project delivery, from tender through to construction phase
- Experience of running projects in excess of £20m within the Commercial Build sector (high rise offices, commercial new build and mixed use), preferably with a track record of delivering projects in the City/Central London region.
- Effective and timely communicator
- Self-motivated, strong technical and people leadership skills
- Relevant industry health and safety management qualifications
- Ability to develop a successful team working ethos and develop future talent for the OU
- Relevant Mechanical or Electrical (Building Services)
Do you want to discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail?
Please contact Michael Stevens on