Salary: Up to £20,000 per annum, depending on experience
Hours: 37.5 hrs/week
Do you want to be part of a vibrant and dynamic team? St John’s Hospice is looking for a driven Fundraising Intern to support the fundraising team in raising the profile of the Charity within the local area and beyond.
You will be passionate about what you do - and determined to make a difference. This internship position will provide an invaluable opportunity to gain essential skills and experience in key aspects of event and community fundraising for a leading charity.
St John’s Hospice is the only independent hospice in Central London and treats over 3,000 terminally ill patients and their families each year for free. This free of charge Hospice is supported by charitable funds from the Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth, and this position will support the fundraising team in the delivery of the Hospice’s Fundraising Strategy. This will be from a variety of sources, with a strong focus on grant making trusts, community fundraising, major donors, and legacies with a primary focus on Fundraising but also to assist marketing in helping promote the Hospital.
- You will be responsible for supporting the fundraising team to ensure all deadlines are met.
- You will assist with daily donation processing, direct mailings and research.
- You will help deliver Regular Giving and Individual Giving strategy and campaigns.
- You will be expected to organise and support local community fundraising events.
You will have an interest in community and corporate fundraising, and be passionate about gaining experience in this area.
It is vital that you have the ability to build and nurture strong relationships with new and existing community supporters. Working on some weekends and evenings will be required.
At our Hospice we are passionate about providing our employees with a supportive and engaging environment. As well as ongoing development and training, we offer our employees a wide range of benefits; from 27 days annual leave, generous private healthcare cover, contributory pension schemes - including continuation of the NHS pension, to providing short-term accommodation for new starters. Working with us, all eligible employees receive;
- Competitive pay with progressive band structuring, as well as generous unsociable hours enhancements
- For employees joining us from the NHS, we can provide continuation of your NHS pension.
- Contributory pension schemes to suit all pockets.
- Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
- 27 days annual leave
- We can provide short-term accommodation for new starters at The Hospital
- Ongoing training and development programmes
- Discounts at local, national and online shops
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work loan scheme
- Employee "Service Excellence" recognition rewards
- Childcare vouchers
- £1,000 Refer a Friend scheme
If you are ready for a new challenge and relish the chance to become part of a successful, forward thinking organisation then we would love to hear from you.