We are recruiting for a Finance Director for this online media business. The role will pay £70,000 + Bens and is looking for ideally somebody who has accounts preparation experience, dealt with invoice discounting and the investors they have and is happy just having 1 assistant. The company has a turnover of £5 million but is growing in a very cool office in Aldgate East. Bright and airy and has a team of 30 people who are very driven. Dress down environment and a really nice place to work.
- Provide advice and guidance on financial strategy and planning to achieve business objectives.
- Review the financial management requirements of the business and develop, implement and maintain effective financial processes to optimise financial performance.
- Prepare the Company’s management accounts and assist with the preparation of the annual accounts and budget, producing cash flow forecasts and variances against budget projections to assist financial decision making.
- Produce regular analysis of income and expenditure to assist in the budget monitoring process.
- Manage the operating profit and loss account and balance sheet to produce accurate and timely financial information to ensure we meet regulatory and business requirements.
- Management of financing facility (invoice discounting), including regular reconciliation of availability, current account and relationship building with account manager.
- Responsible for management of the purchase and sales ledgers, ensuring suppliers are paid on time and maintaining effective credit control and cash management in line with agreed targets to ensure the organisation remains financially efficient.
- Maintain accurate and reliable accounting records including keeping record of all receipts and expenses and producing reports to ensure that the organisation is meeting its financial responsibilities.
- Oversee the operation of the external payroll bureau, preparing payroll and establishing necessary controls and checks to ensure all employees are paid accurately and on time.
- Manage regulatory requirements to ensure the Company’s financial/legal obligations are met. Act as the main point of contact for the bank, auditors, HMRC and other relevant external regulatory/financial bodies, dealing with queries and providing necessary information, including preparation and submission of VAT return.
The ideal candidate will be ACA/CIMA/ACCA qualified who has worked for a smaller business as a Finance Manager/Financial Controller.