2nd Line Support Engineer
"An Opportunity to work for a growing, ambitious and forward-thinking IT-services organisation based in Bristol"
2nd Line Support - up to £30k package
You will be an active member of the Helpdesk and will deliver technical support to client systems - with specific expertise in core infrastructure (networks and servers). You will work alongside the other engineers on the Helpdesk with an active interest in developing his/her knowledge and the knowledge of teammates.
- You will be responsible for Level 1 & 2 support work, Managed Services (proactive) work (Specifically device monitoring alerts, backups, infrastructure, virtualisation environments etc) and provide an overflow resource to the project teams when needed.
- You will be engaged in L1 technical work, providing resource on the Helpdesk to service contracts the company has. Responsible for the successful delivery of IT Support to end users and devices.
- You will be engaged in challenging L2 technical work, including maintenance of Server Infrastructure, Core Networking, Cloud and Hosted environments.
- You will have a client-facing function within the Helpdesk which includes building and maintaining relationships with clients and getting to know them over time. These clients will be face to face from time-to-time also.
- You will meet targets set by the Director, the criteria includes: Customer Service Quality, Technical Ability, Performance and Resolution Times, Teamplay.
- You will be responsible for Queue co-ordination, specifically the assignment of support tickets within the helpdesk to the correct queue and resources.
- You will actively supervise other staff members on the Service Desk. This will include inducting, training, monitoring, supporting and developing his or her team members.
- You will take a proactive responsibility in sharing knowledge (processes as well as technical knowhow).
- You will be the technical role model to all IT engineers, and will be an advocate for the company.
You will ideally have one or more of the following:
Degree from University (2:2 or better) in any subject. Fields relating to IT, Business & Customer Service most appropriate.
Microsoft Certifications (MCP, MTA, MCSA, MCSE) - all are relevant.
Comptia A+, N+, S+ are all relevant.
Other IT qualifications.