At Schools Courses & Career Development (SCCD) we are currently looking for a Student Support Co-ordinatorto come and support our team. The successful candidate will join us on a full time basis and will receive a competitive starting salary of £21,000 - £25,000 per annum+ bonus of circa 20% of salary paid quarterly/annually
Schools Courses & Career Development (SCCD) is the multi accredited specialist in Education Training Services.
Hours: Mon - Fri, 37.5 hours per week. Some flexibility due travel.
The Student Support Co-ordinator Role
You will participate fully as a member of the Student Services team. As our Student Support Co-ordinator you will deliver support interventions as directed by the Head of Operations to enable individual learners to successfully access study programme provision, be retained, achieve appropriate value added outcomes in keeping with their identified potential and to follow positive progression pathways. You will also play a major role in the emotional support, administrative and social aspects of the students’ experience.
What we’re looking for in our Student Support Co-ordinator
- Level 2 or higher qualifications in both English and maths.
- Experience of working with students and young people in both a supportive and disciplinary role.
- Have a strong desire to see students succeed, a clear understanding of the needs of students and how these may be met.
- Previous experience of mentoring young people regarding educational issues.
- Previous experience of liaising with external agencies, for example, local authorities, schools and Social Services.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the factors affecting student welfare and best practice in maintaining and enhancing student behaviour and safeguarding.
- Excellent communicator with highly developed interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Skills and experience in problem solving and a flexible and adaptable approach.
- Willingness to complete fire warden and first aid training.
- An understanding of health and safety processes.
- Previous experience in working in an Educational environment.
- knowledge of ESFA/ESF funding rules
- knowledge of initial Advice and Guidance
- knowledge of JC+ rules
- Knowledge ofWork Placement Training For Trainees
- Formal qualification in supporting young people and adult.
In return as our Student Support Co-ordinator, we can offer you…
As well as a competitive salary, you can also look forward to a great range of benefits including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, + Laptop, mobile and Generous benefits
If you believe you have the right skills and are looking for your next career opportunity as the new Student Support Co-ordinatorthen please send your CV today - don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!