Senior Category Manager
Are you a future leader looking to further your procurement career by joining a highly profitable, stable organisation that places a high emphasis on the benefits of a successful procurement function? Fancy tackling a range of diverse categories with full strategic autonomy? Able to commute to Coventry on a daily basis? Then this Senior Category Manager role could be just what you are looking for!
The successful Senior Category Manager will be joining a business that has a turnover in excess of £1b and boasts excellent profitability. Procurement within this business has a seat at Board level and is seen as a high profile, highly influential function that continually strives to add value and deliver best in class results to its stakeholders. Benefiting from a relatively flat structure, the successful individual will have a clear development and progression path to middle and senior management. They offer a fantastic, modern open plan working environment and excellent facilities.
As Senior Category Manager you will take full strategic responsibility for a range of multi-million pound categories including areas such as FM, Plant Hire, Renewables, Civils and a range of outsource / managed services. You will be expected to formulate and execute category strategies, in conjunction with your key stakeholders and the wider procurement strategy, to deliver cost savings and improved service levels. You will be an advocate of continuous improvement within procurement, always looking for the next opportunity to evolve or progress.
To be considered for this Senior Category Manager role is it expected that you will be able to demonstrate the following skills & experience:
- Previous strategic procurement experience, with full autonomy for the formulation & execution of procurement strategy
- Ideally MCIPS or working towards
- Outstanding communication, engagement and influencing skills - the ability to flex your style and approach to suit a diverse range of stakeholders
- A resilient nature with the ability to manage upwards
- Previous experience of working within a complex business with a structured procurement methodology would be highly advantageous
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent
- A high degree of commercial acumen and a results driven mindset
In return the successful Senior Category Manager will receive a remuneration package that includes:
- Basic salary up to £55,000
- Outstanding pension plan
- Flexible working (with the possibility of a 4 day week)
- Additional flexi benefits
Gleeson Procurement & Supply Chain is a specialist recruiter of leadership roles and technical specialists on both a permanent and temporary basis, into a number of industries including 3PL, construction, retail, service sector, automotive, aerospace, general manufacturing and FMCG. Please visit our website for further information about our services and to view all of our roles