First Call Operative (FCO) x 5
SGN operates over 74,000km of gas mains and services in Scotland and the south of England. Whoever your supplier is, we have a responsibility to deliver gas safely, reliably and efficiently to every one of our 5.9 million customers. We are recruiting for a first call operative (FCO) who will be based out of our Kennington Depot, reporting to the Team Manager. Applicants must live in or close to the area.
What does this role focus on?
- Locating and securing gas escapes and gas meter work.
- Undertaking physically demanding work.
- Working in a variety of outdoor environments safely and as part of a team.
- Using computer field systems and achieving high standards of safety and technical competence.
What are we looking for from you?
- A flexible approach to work, and willingness to take on new skills in order to further your career in the gas industry.
- Friendly and approachable attitude with excellent customer service skills, as you will be dealing with members of the public.
- Willingness to work variable hours and be flexible, you may be placed on a standby rota.
- Demonstrating the ability to working in a physically demanding environment.
- Ideally you will hold MET1 to 4 and CCN1 accreditation, however full training will be given to the successful candidate, so this isn’t essential.
A full and valid driving license is essential.
What can we offer you?
- Opportunity to join one of the largest gas distribution companies in the UK.
- Excellent benefits scheme including retailer discounts, child care vouchers and salary sacrifice car scheme.
- Being part of a company that is committed to equality of opportunities for all, irrespective of sex, marital status, race, disability, religion, age or any other conditions not justified in law or relevant to performing the job.