Automation Test Developer - Bristol
Automation Test Developer - Bristol - up to £50,000 plus excellent benefits
Commutable from Bristol, Bath, Gloucestershire, Weston-Super-Mare, Swindon
We are seeking an Automation Test Developer to join a highly skilled QA team in Bristol. The role revolves around identifying new faults in different parts of a complex (market leading) product and being able to trace the steps to root cause the fault.
* Diagnosis, reporting and verification of the root cause of issues
* Design, development and maintenance of automated test cases
* Development of new test strategies
* Helping to improve and maintain frameworks for automated tests.
* Helping developers and other testers make use of that framework. Adding new areas of test coverage while measuring and increasing test feedback of the product.
* Investigation and implementation of innovative ways to check the reliability and stability of the product.
* Helping to increase the speed that developers receive feedback.
* Experience of programming with Python
* Experience using Linux/Unix systems
* Clear communication and consideration for colleagues
We are looking for several Desirable skills / Skills of Interest in these areas:
* Storage experience (e.g. SCSI/iSCSI, block devices)
* Experience automating existing tests
* Experience making tests more reliable
* Experience making use of virtualized environments
* Test maintenance
* Automation environments
* Devops tools (configuration management, continuous integration tools, monitoring, automation)
* Version control (preferably git/mercurial)
* Bug tracking life-cycle
* Database familiarity
This is a role which would suit a seasoned Automation Test Developer, Manual Tester with programming experience or a programmer with an interest in developing test software.
In return you will rewarded with flexible working and an excellent benefits package. 37.5 working hours, Health Insurance, Pension, Share options.
Please apply with your CV or register through our website to be considered for this fairly unique automated test development opportunity with a positively renowned organisation.
Key words: Test Automation Development, software testing, Python, Linux, fault finding, root cause, test plans, scripts, open source, data storage, virtualisation, scripting, docker, systems administration.