Our client is a high growth fin tech business, privately owned and growing 20% year on year. The CEO is looking to appoint a Financial Controller in the number one finance role for the business. This is a great opportunity to deliver a day to day leadership of the accounts team in the delivery of all aspects of financial management.
In this role you will be involved in every aspect of the financial management of the business, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
- Ensure strong financial controls are in place across all areas of the business
- Overall balance sheet responsibility
- Ensure there is an appropriate mechanism for approving and controlling spend levels
- Creation and development of cash flow forecast, reflecting current business performance and accounting for opportunities and risks
Financial Reporting and Tax
- Preparation of audit packs, liaising with the external auditors and management of audit process
- Responsibility for preparation of all year-end group and subsidiary statutory financial statements
- Monitor IFRS accounting developments and provide accounting treatment guidance
- Ensure integrity of all financial systems and figures
- Finance lead for systems and reporting improvement initiatives
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Own balance sheet and cash flow budgeting and forecasting process
- Lead, motivate and develop the small finance team (~4 heads)
- Contribute to operational decisions ensuring that financial risks have been raised and understood
- Timely communication of risks and opportunities to profit and cost targets as identified
- Provide ad hoc support to the CFO and senior management as requested
To apply you should be qualified Accountants with good man management skills and high quality financial management experience and looking for a number one finance role.