International Ranging Planner
We currently have a brilliant opportunity for a Ranging and Display Planner to join our team based at our Travel Head Office, London. The Wholesale business covers all WHSmith franchised and international stores. In this challenging and fast paced role you will create and deliver ranges and planograms for franchise international stores which support the financial objectives of the business. This role would suit someone who is working in retail within Analytical Merchandising roles, currently working with multiple products or someone who is analytical with a creative flair.
* Create and deliver ranges and planograms for franchised stores which support the financial objectives of the business.
* Maintain and update the Wholesale Space Database, ensuring all space in stores is accurately documented.
* Providing data of any range changes
* Liaise with trading teams across the Travel and High Street to understand range changes and opportunities.
* Maintain planogram, image and description information on the customer Wholesale website (Netsuite).
* New Store set up process.
* Ensuring all planograms and ranges meet the needs of the customer and are visually impactful.
* Analysis of data (demand, margin, rate of sale etc) to ensure optimum range construction
* Assist with supply chain processes (Forecasting, reviewing orders etc)
* Support franchise stores with queries in a timely manner via email and phone.
* Support with in-store merchandising when required
The requirements of the role
* Previous experience in merchandising, merchandise planning or display planning would be considered
* Highly developed communication skills both written and verbal with credibility to influence at all levels of the business
* The ability to combine commerciality with creativity
* High level of attention to detail
* Understanding of merchandising principles
* Excellent organisation and planning skills
* Creativity and flair
* Flexible and quick to adapt (problem solving)
* Excellent PC skills including sound working knowledge of Excel (must be able to do vlookups and use a pivot table)
* Strong analysis and interpretation skills
* Independent and able to work unsupervised
* Self motivated
* Confident and able to make/defend decisions
* Able to implement new processes
Why join us?
Whoever joins us always receives excellent training and development opportunities. You can also expect a competitive salary and excellent benefits that includes a profit related bonus, 24 days holiday, store discount card and childcare vouchers. For customer focus, career focused individuals this all adds up to a unique opportunity. If successful, candidates will be required to provide a valid passport, undertake a criminal record check and provide 3 years of continuous educational, professional or employment references. Due to the high number of applications we receive, it is with regret that we are unable to respond to all applications and therefore will only contact short listed candidates.
"WHSmith values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the Community"