PARALEGAL - REAL ESTATE
JOB TITLE: PARALEGAL - REAL ESTATE/CONSTRUCTION TEAM
SALARY: £16,000 - £19,000 depending on experience
HOURS OF WORK: 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
BENEFITS: Excellent standard benefits - 25 days holiday per annum + additional extra beds
Main Purpose of the role:
We are currently recruiting a Paralegal to join the construction team of the Real Estate department of a Liverpool based firm. No previous experience is necessary but it is expected that the candidate will have completed the Legal Practice Course and will generally have good academics. We are looking for an individual who is well organised, and able to demonstrate a commercial approach and who is driven to delivering tangible results and who displays a desire to be an integral part of the team.
- Working within and supporting a team of Real Estate lawyers including solicitors and paralegals.
- Non-contentious aspects of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Buy and Sell Freehold and Leasehold Property
- Working knowledge of SDLT
- Draft and Negotiate and Agree on Leases
- General Commercial Property Conveyancing
- Report on Searches
- Replies to inquiries and title and working closely with lawyers within the team on transactions.
- Maintaining a high level of accuracy in accordance - proofreading and correcting the quality of your work without prompting.
- Ability to carry out routine legal forms and documents independently for approval by the Lawyers.
- Respond to internal/external telephone queries, ensuring telephones are covered at all times.
- Maintain and organise files
- Conducting legal research
- Archiving on a monthly basis
- Deal with money laundering requirements
- Assist other team members as and when required
- Working to deadlines
- Managing problems or situations in a professional manner
- Share information and maintain confidentiality
- Filing hard copy and electronic documents
- General administration - faxes, photocopying, laminating etc..
- We are looking for an individual who is well organised, and able to demonstrate a commercial approach, who is driven to delivering tangible results and who displays a desire to be an integral part of the team.
- Legal Graduate looking for a career within Real Estate/Commercial Property, or a Paralegal or a Legal Administrator with an LPC
- We are looking for an individual who is powered on delivering tangible results and displays a desire to be an integral part of the growth of the team.
- Experience in this area is not essential
- To have gained the required level of skills and experience, it would be advantageous for the candidates to possess legal qualifications, but this is not essential as a structured and ongoing training environment will be provided
- This list is not exhaustive as the successful candidate will need to be flexible and adaptable to take on a wide variety of tasks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to assist support colleagues
- Excellent time management skills - organised, methodical and accurate approach with a commitment to service excellence.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines under pressure.
- Flexible approach to working pattern is essential to meet client demands.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
KEY WORDS: Paralegal Legal, Legal Admin, Legal, Legal, Corporate, Private Client, Property, Typist, Legal Typist, Real Estate, Commercial Property, Proclaim, Legal Documentation, Junior Legal Secretary
Liverpool, Birkenhead, Wallasey, Wirral, Warrington, Wigan Kirkby, Ormskirk, Bootle, Crosby, Southport, Chester