Manager Required - Veterans Home Bristol
Would you like to join an award-winning, accredited charitable organisation, who work closely with vulnerable people to help them achieve a fulfilling life?
We are lucky to have a rich network of staff, ambassadors, trustees and patrons who work hard to ensure that we provide the best level of support possible.
We are currently recruiting for a Professional, self-motivated, enthusiastic individual who is able to work within professional boundaries, including confidentiality.
We are looking for someone who has a commitment to enabling and empowering clients and staff. You will need to have the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
This post covers both Bristol and Gloucester areas, therefore, the postholder must hold a full current driving licence with access to a reliable vehicle.
The salary for this post is starting at £24,000 per year rising to £25,506 after a successful 6 months' probation period.
The hours are 37.5 hours per week, (with an on call rota) the post will require some occasional flexible working which may include evening, weekend or Bank Holiday working.
The closing date is Monday 24th July 2017.
Please ensure you complete the Additional Information attachment for your application to be considered.
About the Role:
The Manager will lead, manage and co-ordinate the accommodation and structured support pathway for veterans who are homeless with support needs and develop local community engagement and working partnerships with other agencies. (The pathway comprises of the: main supported home with office, any additional smaller homes, life skills training, transitioning resettlement support and floating outreach support)
In particular, to act as the primary local point of contact/referral for the pathway co-ordinating allocations, structured support planning, skills development and progress reviews and build a supportive community ethos within the home. Providing direct supervision for the veterans support staff, pathway chaplain and volunteers to facilitate a co-ordinated approach to enable veterans to get their lives back on track.
- Management of all aspects of the pathway and service ensuring that delivery of support is person centred and support outcomes are consistent, to an excellent quality in line with current legislation and Best Practice.
- To embed the pathway into the local community and facilitate improved military and civilian integration to enable veterans to have sustainable independence when they transition from the pathway.
Service Manager | General Manager | Housing Support | Supported Housing | Charity | Housing Support Manager
- Hold a full current driving licence with access to a reliable vehicle.
- Understanding the needs of homeless veterans with support needs.
- Understanding of current thinking in good practice in supporting people with complex and challenge needs.
- Understanding of Health and Safety, Fire and other statutory legislation.
- Be willing to embrace the Charities shared values and actively promote them in service delivery.
- IT literate.
- Understanding of needs & risk assessment and the support planning process.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and quality assurance standards.
- Ability to, prioritise and to meet agreed deadlines.
- An appropriate qualification or the willingness to work towards - i.e. NVQ Level 4 or equivalent.
- Experience at a management level.
- Experience of supported housing services, including housing management.
- Articulate and motivational communicator both orally and written.
- Ability to work on a flexible rota including occasional evenings, weekends and bank holidays. To be part of the 'on call' rota.
- Experience of effective supervision, support and development of staff.
- Commitment to non-discriminatory practice and involvement principles.
- Experience of recruitment and selection of staff.
- Experience developing and maintaining successful working relationship with other agencies both statutory and independent.
About Our Company:
We provide housing related support for homeless and vulnerable people, assisting them towards living independently. All money raised helps to support our valuable work.
Winners of Investors in People Award and also accredited as a Living Wage, Two Ticks and Mindful Employer.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. The successful applicant will be subject to an advanced DBS check. We strive to be an equal opportunities employer.