Purchaser / Buyer (Temp to Perm) Immediate Start!
Job Title: Purchaser / Buyer
Remuneration:- £35,000 to £45,000 dependent on experience
Based: London SW14
Exporter of digital network products and accessories to customers in EMEA markets. We are expanding our West London centre of operations and seek a motivated and energetic Purchaser / Buyer to join our successful team.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Purchaser / Buyer will be an experienced and driven individual. They will be responsible for purchasing products and supplying the sales team with accurate pricing and lead times in a timely manner.
Successful candidates will have a proven track record in purchasing/buying preferably of technology products from leading manufacturers and suppliers with the ability to build and maintain strong business relationships with suppliers. The Purchaser / Buyer will be expected to work on their own initiative and continuously negotiate with suppliers to get products at better cost price and availability.
- Work with sales to provide accurate pricing and availability information
- Find solutions within the marketplace for requests where pricing request is not for core products
- Identifying and negotiating advantageous supplier agreement terms with leading global manufacturers and suppliers
- Ensuring all back orders are purchased at the lowest purchase price possible and best lead time to meet the business needs
- Chase suppliers where needed for all back order purchases to ensure all products are shipped before the end of the month
- Stock Management - Ensuring a good level of Core stock is kept at all times and ensure stock profiling is done with sales on a monthly basis
- Maintain the company’s competitive advantage as related to purchasing policy, by continually reviewing and ensuring we are purchasing at the best available price
- Managing logistics and negotiating SLAs with courier companies and optimising the best service and tariffs available in the marketplace
- Identify risks associated with strategies in the product portfolio, services and sales issues and recommend a course of action
- Establish existence of all supplier and third party agreements, defining standards and quality requirements. Check and verify these in relation to customer understanding, invoicing and service delivery
- Manage and refine systems and processes to maximise efficiency
- Protect company data and Intellectual Property
- Dynamic and proactive purchaser
- Supply busy sales team with best cost price and product availability
- Help company win urgent and price sensitive back to back customer orders
- Source networking product from network of global suppliers
- Negotiate strategically to get continually lower/better pricing and availability
- Maintain relationships with key suppliers
- Drive product cost pricing down
- Communicate with suppliers over the phone, email and messenger applications to ensure the quickest contact possible
- Networking industry and/or broker background (desirable)
- English speaker, any other additional languages may be advantageous, particularly Mandarin
We offer talented professionals a dynamic and exciting working environment, where innovation is encouraged and results are well rewarded.
To apply for this position, please send your covering letter and CV. Your application will not be considered without a covering letter. Please ensure you live within 45 minutes commute.