Project Operations Manager
This is a great opportunity for someone to join an international firm at the cutting edge of their industry. You'll work within lovely offices, within a collaborative, supportive and friendly team environment - and this company offer extremely good benefits (better than most).
This client brings together the expertise of world class engineers, economists and consultants to examine cities from a variety of angles, giving their clients a unique picture of the challenges to tackle and the assets and opportunities their city can capitalise on.
The purpose of this role is to assist the Project Operation Manager with the financial positioning of projects within a Global business unit to ensure consistency of approach and to identify, manage and mitigate their financial risk exposure.
This role provides a key link between your allocated discipline teams and the finance team.
• Supporting the Discipline Director by reporting on the resource position & report utilisation across the discipline aided by specific project knowledge.
• To support the Project Directors, the Project Leaders and Job Leaders with the financial management of their projects.
• Implement tools and procedures for effective invoicing management and accurate invoicing across the region.
• With the support of the regional project operations manager, review financial risks and contingencies exposed at finance surgeries.
• Assist finance manager with the preparation and validation of the budgets.
• Report on discipline invoicing position against target for your allocated discipline teams.
• Accountable for effective management of project and group financial performance across your allocated disciplines as advised and supported by the Regional Project Operations Manager.
• Several years' experience working in the engineering field, ideally in a project leadership capacity.
• Commercial awareness and an aptitude for financial management
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Good computer and IT skills and excellent Excel/ spread sheet skills • Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload independently
• Degree or further education qualification in a numerate discipline or Engineering
• Enthusiastic, engaging and robust - able to adapt his or her style to the needs of the situation whilst safeguarding the interests of the practice and relevant relationships
• Comfortable working in a multi-discipline environment interfacing with and delivering through the wider team (core disciplines, specialists, architects and client)
The salary for this role is c£38500 plus excellent benefits. For more information please apply today! Deadline is imminent..