OPEN DAY THURSDAY 13TH JULY BETWEEN 10AM - 6PM. This is your opportunity to fast-track registration! Read more below!
To provide efficient and effective handyman support to the estate including ensuring the security and general appearance of the buildings and surrounding areas are maintained in accordance with required standards.
• Ensure health & safety regulation and safe working practices are in place, carrying out general maintenance inspections of all internal common areas, courtyards, plant rooms and building systems.
• Undertake repair and reactive, planned and preventative maintenance work, including when necessary problem diagnostics, of all building areas across the estate
• Walk areas of responsibility, identifying defects, trip hazards, damage, vandalism, unlawfully parked cars and to be generally aware of safety and security, reporting incidents to the Estate Manager.
• Assist building technicians with the replacement of light bulbs to common or external areas, isolating lighting circuits if safe and trained to do so.
• To ensure all tools are maintained, kept secure and are only used by authorised personnel.
• Inspect and maintain as necessary all exterior and interior doors, lubricate door hinges once a month and check functioning of locks and door closing devices, ensuring serviceability at all time.
• Clear shallow drains not deeper than 1 metre and rod as necessary to clear blockages and unblock road storm water and foul water drains to ensure water does not pool and drains do not overflow.
• Be responsible for clear and safe pedestrian access to all areas, particularly in adverse weather conditions i.e. clearing snow, gritting etc, working with external agencies tasked to assist.
• Assist with fabric, landscaping warranties and maintenance agreements for common area outsourced service provision, through regular audit and inspection, reporting findings to management.
• To undertake building condition surveys and provide clear written remedial reports to Estate Manager.
• Ensure all necessary paperwork, either manually or electronically, is completed accurately and in a timely manner, to include work requests, stores requisitions and legislative or safety documentation.
• To deal with lift release, once trained, offering comfort and support to trapped personnel and ensuring a lift engineer is called out and attends site within agreed contractual timeframes.
• React in accordance with emergency response plans for water leaks, power failure, bomb threats and other such incidents, including escalation to service providers and emergency services as required.
Our fabulous client is looking for someone who will embrace the Estate vision and values in the delivery of all Handyman services.
- Similar background and experience
- Proactive and can use initiative
- Strong communicator
Working Hours: Morning to Friday 8am - 5pm
*Due to the large number of applications received we are unable to respond to every applicant. We apologise in advance.*
Come to our Open Day Thursday 13th July between 10am - 6pm. This is your opportunity to fast-track registration! We have lots of different roles available all over London, whether you are looking for a permanent or a temporary position.
Roles we are recruiting for NOW
There is no need to book an appointment, all you need to do is drop in, bring your passport (and other relevant documents) and your up-to-date CV.
Meet us at Swan House 37-39 High Holborn WC1V 6AA!