FP&A Analyst - retail
fdu is recruiting an FP&A Analyst for an award winning luxury brand retail brand. Our client boasts a successful e-commerce strategy to support their retail stores which currently provides coverage across Europe, North America, Asia and the Middle East.
To expand the business, refine product lines, drive sales strategies and marketing activity, the CFO has identified the need for an FP&A Analyst to ensure that all activity is strategically focused to ensure the business hits their ambitious targets.
Reporting to the CFO you will be responsible for driving forward the utilisation of commercial financial analysis to aid the decision making process across the business, influencing key stakeholders with the use of robust management information; providing the business with valuable real time information to improve and maximise performance.
- Co-ordinating and managing the planning, budgeting and forecasting processes including efficient consolidation of inputs and clear analysis of drivers of future performance
- Providing high-quality financial insight and advice to internal customers to support their commercial decision making
- Preparing financial and non-financial presentations which provides a clear and consistent message
- Building strong working relationships with the wider Finance and Operational teams to aid commentary and performance analysis as required
- Managing and developing the production of financial and business related analysis on a weekly, monthly quarterly and annual basis on company performance
Core skills and experience required:
- Qualified (ACA or CIMA) accountant with relevant commercial finance experience (ideally gained as part of an FP&A function) gained in a retail or logistics business
- Excellent influencing skills with the ability to use different styles to achieve objectives
- Ability to achieve objectives in the face of resistance and ambiguity, while maintaining strong relationships
- First-rate analytical skills, both conceptual and technical
- Strong Excel skills including utilising Excel tools to improve and build models
- A good working knowledge of Business Intelligence (BI) software
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced and changing environment, and the ability to prioritise workload and manage the expectations of stakeholders
- Ability to assimilate large amounts of complex, ambiguous and sometimes conflicting information to draw meaningful conclusions and recommendations
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Proactive problem solver continuously identifying ways to improve service provided