Kudos Catering (UK) Ltd
The Canaletto, London
Kudos Catering (UK) Limited are one of London’s most creative caterers and event services for events, weddings, contract catering at venues and daily office deliveries. The company has been around for over 40 years and is also part of a larger Partnership, one of the leading event and catering companies in the industry.
One of our venues, The Canaletto, is currently recruiting for an experienced General Manager to manage all service aspects of the Club Lounge on behalf of Knight Frank and the building owners. The overall duty is to ensure operational efficiency of food and beverage served in the Club lounge on a day to day basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- To manage, and assist where necessary, a team of staff in performance of their duties.
- To support the Canaletto Building Manager in the responsibility for the Health and Safety to of all staff, customers and colleagues in line with our ISO certifications.
- To liaise with our clients and assist them in organising any events or reservations.
- To deliver first class service during opening hours.
- To know and understand the running of all aspects of the club and to staff accordingly within Kudos Budgetary requirements.
- To monitor cleanliness of the venue both front of house and back of house.
- To ensure the optimum use of staff to enable the team to set up, deliver and breakdown service as efficiently as possible.
- To implement standards and quality control.
- To offer training and development where necessary.
- To follow, monitor and implement all Health and Safety procedures throughout the club
The successful candidate will have:
- 2-3 years’ experience within a 5* hotel/lounge environment ideally, with some form of hospitality experience gained in events.
- Excellent communication skills verbally, written, and listening.
- Experience of marketing the F&B services to drive sales and create interest.
- Good understanding of food, wines, spirits and cocktails.
- High standard for personal presentation.
- Must demonstrate effective organisation and be able to prioritise tasks.
- Must be cost conscious and capable of effective cost control
Closing date for applications: 05 August 2017.
We regret that we are unable to respond to all applications, therefore only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 7 days of the closing date.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.