Operations Manager ( Apprenticeships)
We are recruiting an Operations Manager in Belfast! Our Operations Manager will be responsible for effective management and operational delivery of apprenticeships for the Northern Ireland Apprenticeship Contract.
Reporting into the Head of Apprenticeships (UK) you will play a key role in the effective management of resources to maximise learner and performance outcomes.
As well as managing your own team of Apprenticeship Delivery Coaches (assessors) and Essential Skills Tutors you will also support the Sales Function to deliver annual revenue targets by engaging with employers and stakeholders for the region.
This role will require extensive travel.
Responsible for the timely achievement of performance targets including delivery & implementation of the learner journey and operational excellence
Responsible for setting and achieving targets for starts, visits, delivery and achievements to also include all components of apprenticeship delivery
Engage with internal and external stakeholders and develop key relationships that ensure programme and business success
Work closely with Employers to ensure programmes and delivery are fit for purpose and delivered to an acceptable standard.
Conduct monthly one to one with Apprenticeship Delivery Coaches and Essential Skills tutors, monitoring and setting targets against contract performance, budgets and expectations.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of working at a management level within an apprenticeship operational function
- Experience of managing apprenticeship provision remotely over a large geographical area
- Good stakeholder engagement skills with evidence of influence and achievement of results
- Understanding of funding streams and requirements
- Good knowledge and experience of the Department for Economics requirements, audit and Inspectorate NI compliance
- Good track record of consistently meeting targets and objectives within the apprenticeship industry.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload
- Strong people management and colleague development
- Experience in the evaluation of performance against business objectives and, where necessary, the implementation of development plans for staff performance
- Understanding of qualification and standard structures and accreditation of prior learning
- Understanding of additional learning/social needs and safeguarding policies
- Solid experienced of teaching, learning and delivering of apprenticeship programmes within the FE or ITP sector
- Excellent problem solving skills
- V1 or TAQA Level 4 Award
- Full, clean UK driving licence
- Level 3 management Qualification
- Prince 2 Qualification