Front End Software Engineer
Are you looking for Front End Software Engineer jobs?
Want to work for a start-up and develop up the career ladder with an exciting company?
Our client is one of the UK’s leading providers of retirement financial solution. They are looking for a Front -End Software Engineer to join their group.
The Digital Garage Front-End Software Engineer role primarily are working on developing new innovative web and mobile applications, tools and services as prototypes and production applications to be used in the social and commercial InsurTech / Retirement space.The role reports to the Head of Digital Garage, actively leads the front-end engineering effort alongside a Principal Engineer for solutions defined through the company’s Innovation Lab; and are in line with our customer vision, comprising of web, mobile development and more.
As a Front - End Software Engineer your jobs with our client will include:
- Design & Develop high-quality bespoke Web and other innovative solutions using appropriate, industry-standard tools, technologies and languages.
- Lead front-end software design and development.
- Lead front-end manual and automation testing
- To design and develop reusable components.
- Actively participate within an Agile and Lean environment.
- Work with the Head of Digital Garage, Principal Engineer, UX/UI and other Digital Garage team members to conduct quality review, peer reviews etc.
- Provide engineering testing support for deliverables.
- Provide advice, guidance and direction for questions and requests for information from other areas. To assist and contribute to architecture and technical strategy.
- Prepare software release content and documentation, ensuring it is fit for purpose when required.
- Support DevOps with releases into other environments.
- Provide support to the release process, ensuring issues are resolved in a timely and collaborative fashion.
- To assist in the automation of software releases.
- Contribute to a post release review to determine whether lessons can be learned.
- Incorporate TDD and BDD practices into the software engineering methodologies.
Candidates should be degree qualified in a Computer Science or Software Engineering related field or relevant industry knowledge and experience. The role requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a technologist, 1 years of which they must have lead a medium sized greenfield engineering project utilising a responsive web design and consuming RESTful web services.
Skills and Knowledge
The role holder must have a proven understanding and experience of:
- Lead Front-End responsive web design and development
- Worked closely with UX/UI Designers
- test different browsers and cater for their inconsistences; both manual and automation testing.
- DOM Manipulation
- Front-End Frameworks - VueJS, AngularJS, ReactJS
- CSS3 - LESS / SASS
- Consumption of RESTful web services.
- SOLID Principles
- Source Control (Git / TFS)
- DevOps - Utilisation of continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD)
- Various Agile Development Methodologies (Lean, SCRUM, Kanban)
- Mocha - Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Chia - Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
Experience in, any of the following would be advantageous:
- Mobile Development Experience (Any - Xamarin Forms / Xamarin Native, iOS (Objective C, Swift), Android (Java), ReactNative, NavtiveScript
- UWP - Universal Windows Platform
- Cloud Experience (Azure / AWS / Google Cloud)
- Atlassian JIRA or similar
- Startup experience
To apply please forward a detailed cv to Alfen.
For more information on front end jobs and software engineer jobs available please visit the Alfen website.