Assistant Merchandiser - Luxury Womenswear
Global Fashion Luxury Brand looking for an experienced Assistant Merchandiser (Level 2/3) for their Womenswear team in Central London!
Your new company
Iconic luxury brand looking for an experienced Assistant Merchandiser to join their team in Central London!
Your new role
Support the Financial Plans for a product area by ensuring Allocations, Mark downs and Assortment analysis drive the business. Targets include Sales, Gross Margin.
1.Develop Distribution Plans
Ensure that seasonal launches are executed by creating an initial allocation plan for all stock for the product area concerned, by using information from SSM sheets (Production), Delivery report (Inherited inventory) and communicating with cross functional team to co-ordinate volume, timing of delivery to stores and grouping product.
Ensure the space plan and receipting capacity of each store is considered, taking into account Store performance in building Displays and Back of House stock (initial allocation replenishment)
Ensure accurate implementation and timely execution of the plan: follow up on late in DC deliveries; store specific issues.
2.In Transit Planning
Ensure business guidelines are followed in the planning and execution of weekly store allocations. Make certain a balance of newness and replenishment are allocated each week and styles are replenished based on forward cover using Monthly Forecast Review (MFR) Document as a guide.
3.Develop Basic Buy Plans
Set up, update, forecast, and manage flow of agreed basic inventory. Place orders with buying partners within lead-time guidelines; recommend tactical amendments based on performance.
Work with buying team on new orders and receipt movements. Provide Buying team with size breakdowns for orders. Use MFR and Promotional Calendar to Forward Forecast.
4.Analyse and action Markdown of Seasonal Stock
Analyse and make proposals on the promotion and markdown of inventory to achieve the most profitable return, ensuring gross margin (GM) targets are achieved.
Maintain Brand integrity through communication with cross functional teams and appropriate product markdowns.
5.Analyse andProduce APS/ROS Historyfor usein the Assortment Plans
Use reporting tools to create a history database and store grading structure to use in conjunction with the buying team to help buy seasonal products.
Create and maintain a current size structure grid for all products ensuring all model replenishment/initial allocations reflect the most up to date sizing analysis to guarantee full size availability
Ensure that all buys reflect the current size grid information so cross-dock and replenishment orders are adequate to maintain store displays of the appropriate sizes
Ensure the mix of product and promotions reflect the Geographic model required in each store to achieve the best return on inventory investment (both Cost and Space) by analysing and building history of product performance by Store/Region as appropriate.
Ensure all appropriate reports are available for analysis prior to meetings. This includes Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly review meetings
What you'll need to succeed
You will be an experienced Assistant Merchandiser, working within a reputable retailer and used to fast paced environments.
- Ability to present clearly and concisely, including financial information and business strategies. Able to tailor level of detail in presentations to reflect the audience (i.e. cross functional team or Senior Management).
- Possess problem solving skills. Able to develop several business strategies taking into account the financial forecast associated with the product area, and, through analysis, determine the most profitable solution to the problem.
- Demonstrate highly developed listening, written and oral communication skills. Able to make persuasive arguments both in written and oral form. Able to reflect the appropriate sense of urgency and determine the proper business partners to resolve problems and share information.
- Able to foster relationships with other members of the cross functional team. Exhibit ability to develop relationships and partner with members of the organization outside of the cross functional team (i.e. Human Resources, Visual, and Storeline).
- Must be able to lead an Allocator (as applicable) ensuring that strategies are implemented.
- Possess skills in training and development
- Show a High/Advanced level of understanding of Retail Mathematics and Excel
- Have high level of competence in Allocation and Replenishment
- show aptitude and understanding of Forecasting
What you'll get in return
Competitive salary + benefits, excellent training and development opportunities plus the reputation of working for one of the best luxury brands in the world!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.