An exciting opportunity to join an international retailer has arisen due to continued growth in sales, new stores and global expansion. This is a broad role with access to key non-finance stakeholders where you will be fully engaged in the decision-making.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, The Finance Manager will manage the finance, accounting, reporting and payroll functions across the European businesses.
- Drive budgetary cost control to ensure adherence to Budgets.
- Identifying cost saving initiatives.
- Partnering with the Department (e.g B&M, Logistics, Marketing) Managers to formulate strategies that will enhance profitability and identifying risks and opportunities.
- Manage group cash flow and follow the finance strategy.
- Manage the preparation process for the Group financial statements for Year End.
- Ensuring the financial statements are compliant with IFRS requirements and the Group policies.
- Co-ordinate all aspects of planning and preparation for the interim and year-end audit and reporting.
- Acting as contact for the Group external auditors. Responsible for reporting the Group consolidated inventory position.
- Proactively seek ways to make the reporting cycle more efficient including looking at opportunities to automate processes and/or increase speed and accuracy of period-end processes within the finance team.
- Consolidation of the group monthly / quarterly accounts.
- Owning the UK business general ledger including the preparation all necessary journals and balance sheet reconciliations, culminating in the production of periodic reporting and commentary of variances to budget and future risks and opportunities.
- Ensure the finance systems are properly maintained and that appropriate control procedures exist.
- Administration responsibility for banking mandates and online banking facilities.
- Overall responsibilities for the month end process ensuring deadlines are met.
- Ensure all accounts are reconciled and signed off promptly.
- Responsible for managing the Finance Team; ensuring that tasks are being prioritised, clear timetables are in place and deadlines are being met and that employees are supported in their development.
- Relationship building skills.
- Proactive and hands on.
- Able to motivate and drive the team.
Education and experience
- Manager level experience in a Retail business.
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA).
- Experience of consolidation systems and consolidation in multi currency groups.
- Experience managing a team.
This is a really good opportunity to shape and influence a recognised brand where finance is truly valued and the "go to" for decision-support. You will enjoy a collaborative and friendly culture where values are upheld. You will grow in the role and career progression is absolutely expected in this dynamic business.