Our client, an International professional services firm, is looking for a high calibre finance director capable of operating at both an operational and strategic level to lead the UK business of this expanding organisation.
- Provide strong financial leadership across all aspects of the organisation to drive improvements in the company's commercial performance and strategic position
- Full ownership for the management of the accounting / financial function including systems, processes and controls
- Manage and further develop a Finance team that is effective, responsible, results driven and adds real value to the business
- Participate fully in the management of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing high-quality financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and projects
- Manage all reporting requirements, both internal and external, including the preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts and Financial accounts in accordance with strict deadlines
- Liaise with departmental and project managers on a continuous basis to address issues which affect the smooth operation of the financial / commercial processes within the organisation
- Work with senior management in the development of business plans, operating budgets, and forecasts
- Monitor the working capital and cash-flow for the business, completing monthly cash-flow forecasts in line with Group guidelines
- Support Group Finance in all aspects of financial reporting including audits, accounting, tax planning & compliance, banking & cash management and risk management
The successful candidate will have responsibility for all aspects of the finance function and for providing financial management, analytical support and commercial guidance to the business. You will ideally have 5+ years PQE with a hands on commercial attitude, be a driven individual and have a proven track record of providing commercial support to operations. To apply an engineering or construction background will also be highly desirable.