Database Administrator - SQL
DBA - SQL
c. £50000 + Private healthcare scheme, pension parking, 25 days holiday per year - 35 hour working week
Due to expansion a software company are seeking a SQL Database Administrator (DBA) to work across the business platforms. The SQL DBA role will be required to work with the Product Managers, senior developers and other members of each product team to support them in their design and implementation of all SQL applications. The SQL DBA will report directly into the Technical Director and will be part of the Technical Design Authority (TDA) team.
- Experience of installing, administering and troubleshooting SQL Environments to resolve critical database issues including SQL Server 2008, 2012 and 2016.
- Have extensive knowledge and be proficient in utilising all features within SQL Server together with a full understanding of feature differences between each version.
- A thorough knowledge of database design and programming (T-SQL)
- Knowledge and experience of Business intelligence (BI) platforms including SSIS, SSAS and SSRS
- Possess a strong technical understanding of SQL environments - ability to pro-actively suggest recommendations
- Excellent analytical skills - ability to undergo and investigate task within structural processes.
- Database modelling and consolidation
- An understanding and practical knowledge of .Net framework, in particular Entity Framework and Visual Studio Team Foundation Server would be an advantage.
- A good knowledge of ETL and database warehouse design
- Building highly available and resilient SQL server solutions
- A comprehensive knowledge of SQLSentry or other similar database analytical tools
- Working closely with the Infrastructure Manager, Product Managers and Senior Developers to:
- Assist with the design and implementation of tables, stored procedures, functions, models, security and jobs within all SQL applications
- Monitor database performance and provide statistics and performance data to teams on a regular basis
- Identify and diagnose areas of poor performance and propose relevant solutions to ensure optimal configuration and performance
- Assist with reconfiguration, translation and migration of data in systems
- Ensure all SQL instances are correctly patched on a regular basis and free of vulnerabilities
- Provide developers, testers and customers with realistic test data, providing advise on improvements, design and programming best practice. Assisting with back up/recovery procedures, and data exports.
This company offer progression, development and great office environment with flexi hours - 35 hour working week.When applying; please make sure you include a contact email and telephone number, as well as your required salary, notice period and whether or not you have transport. First 4 Personnel (& Temps) Ltd is an established Recruitment Consultancy, Surrey-based, providing a full recruitment solution of temporary and permanent staff within the Surrey and Hampshire area, over 4 divisions:Accountancy & Finance; Sales & Marketing; Commercial & Office; IT & Executive. For more permanent, contract or temporary job opportunities in the Guildford, Farnham, Farnborough, Camberley, Weybridge, Woking, Staines and West Byfleet areas please check our website. You must reside in UK and be able to produce evidence of eligibility to work in UK. First 4 Personnel (& Temps) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to permanent roles.