Senior Financial Accountant
Cooper Lomaz have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Financial Accountant to join our established and highly respected client based near Basildon. This Senior Financial Accountant position will play a pivotal role within the finance function to ensure a smooth month end close process and will support the reporting for multiple legal entities. Working as part of a Shared Service Centre function it is expected that the successful candidate will also work closely with the Financial Controller to review, maintain and develop current internal reporting processes and the role will also act as a key business partner to a number of cost centres.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Drive the month end reporting process, assisting with all statutory reports and Tax packs
- Review processes and recommend improvements whilst ensuring local policies and procedures are adhered too
- Control and maintain the monthly balance sheet and ensure all reconciliations are carried out
- Cost Centre reporting and business partnering with cost centre heads to review spend and budgets
- Support Consolidation process for multiple subsidiary businesses
The successful candidate will ideally be a newly qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) with a strong technical understanding. Prior experience of dealing with European subsidiaries is highly desirable combined with a working knowledge of US GAAP. Strong Excel skills will be key combined with strong systems knowledge to review and improve reporting processes. Candidates will also need to demonstrate excellent communication skills to maintain excellent working relationships with cost centre managers and senior stakeholders across the business.
For the successful candidate, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast paced and expanding business that can also offer excellent career development prospects.