Electrical Integration Engineer / Automotive Engineer
Electrical Integration Engineer / Automotive Engineer - Spider. The Regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiters are delighted to be supporting an environmentally -friendly automotive company with their search for an Electrical Integration Engineer / Automotive Engineer to be based in Chelmsford.
This innovative company are looking to expand and invite you to be a part of the force for good, using your engineering skills to deliver game-changing, clean-truck technology.
As an Electrical Integration Engineer / Automotive Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the design, development and validation of electrical modules and harnesses for automotive application.
Other key duties and responsibilities includes
- Support the Test Engineer with component, sub-system and system level testing on rigs and test vehicles
- Manage system architecture definition and requirements, communications interface development including vehicle networks using CAN/ LIN protocols
- Identify and analyse faults and take ownership to manage and resolve issues to closure
- Take ownership for the overall electrical health of the vehicles
- Prepare regular status reports for both internal and external distribution
- Provide support for the vehicle build and vehicle testing as appropriate
- Resolve issues and troubleshoot as appropriate for resolution to the appropriate system owner
- Work closely within a multi-disciplined team (hardware/software/mechanical)
- Communicate effectively with team members
- Work to tight project deadlines
- Multi-task and adapt to changing project requirements within a fast-paced environment
- Manage multiple concurrent work streams.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- CAD experience - Solid Works
- Minimum of two years` experience within an electrical integration role, automotive advantageous.
- Engineering degree, or equivalent technical degree.
- Experience of Engineering Quality toolsets and processes- FMEA, Interface Analysis, Boundary, diagrams, etc.
- Experience of working from first principles to solve engineering challenges.
- Ability and appreciation of working in small, multidisciplinary teams as well as independently.
- Be able to help out `hands on` to implement own designs.
- Adept at researching, understanding and implementing technical solution methods when beyond current skill set
- Familiar with specification of fluid and/or electrical systems components
- Practical knowledge of CANalyzer/CANape and MATLAB/Simulink
- Experience of full product life-cycle activities and ability to achieve cost, weight and technical targets within specified timescales
- Proactively work towards problem solving
- Put forward creative ideas to help improve processes and provide solutions.
Experience within a similar role is essential. On offer is a salary of £50,000 - 60,000 per annum, with 25 days holiday plus paid bank holidays, a statutory pension scheme, and occasional UK travel.
If you have experience within a similar role and have the skills required we would like to hear from you. Please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible.
This vacancy is being advertised by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruitment Company. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire.
Additional keywords: Engineering, automotive, electrical, integration, CAD, solid works, vehicles
By applying for this role you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider Web Recruitment will not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment.