Accounts Manager, Dorchester, £28 -32,000, Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm, 20 days holiday + bank holidays, free on street parking in town
Dovetail Recruitment is currently working with a long established retail organisation in recruiting for a new Accounts Manager to join their team. This is an opportunity to join a long serving team with a company that values its staff and takes pride in their team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for regular accounts, payroll and financial duties across the several retail sites and overseeing 2 other members of staff within the department
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To maintain comprehensive financial records for six separate companies
- Preparation for annual Audit and liaison with Auditors during Audit week and all administration required post audit
- Monthly payroll for approximately 100 staff and all associated administration using SAGE payroll
- All Payroll year end procedures and reporting to HMRC
- Administration of the Company Pension Scheme
- To produce regular Management Accounts for stores and to analyse and identify any anomalies or variances
- To manage the accounts team sympathetically, identifying any areas requiring improvement or changes which would benefit the company financially
- Quarterly VAT returns and all associated admin
- Maintain tight control of the bank accounts achieved by regular bank reconciliations
- Control overhead and any other expenditure
- Ensure all deadlines are met in terms of supplier payments, salaries, VAT etc.
- Liaison with Managers and staff in the 9 shops regarding financial and other matters relevant to the Company
- Protect the organisation from any potential irregularities, i.e. money laundering, VAT issues etc.
- To keep up to date with changes in current affairs, VAT, payroll, Sage etc, any key changes which could potentially affect the Company
- Any other administration as and when required by the Managing Director
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of using SAGE within a previous role is essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail with ability to analyse and report
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
This position would suit candidates currently working as an Accounts Manager, Finance Manager, Bookkeeper, or Payroll Manager.
If you are interested in this position please click on Apply Now.
Alternatively to find out more, or to see other opportunities that we have available please visit our website.