1st Line Support Engineer / Junior Helpdesk Analyst - Reigate, Surrey - £17-19k
1st Line Support Engineer / Junior Helpdesk Analyst / Trainee Helpdesk Analyst - Reigate, Surrey - £17-19k
My Client is a small but well-established, growing IT service provider based in Reigate, Surrey supporting around 50 customers, mainly based in Surrey and the South East. Due to steady and continued expansion they are looking to add to their existing team and recruit a Junior / Trainee Helpdesk Analyst.
This role would ideally suit someone who has just completed their education in an IT related subject who is looking for their first or second full-time, permanent job.
My Client will train you to perform the 1st Line / Helpdesk role and in the longer term offer you a career path into an IT Support / 2nd Line Engineer role where you will to provide 1st/2nd line client support across a variety of IT systems and technologies. Eventually progressing onwards to Network Administration.
To be suitable for this position you will be an excellent communicator and have the confidence to assist their Client base clearly on the telephone.
Essential Experience requirements:
- An IT related Degree or a formal IT qualification (Microsoft, Cisco or CompTIA)
- Strong Customer Service Focus
- Excellent team commitment and loyalty
- Manage your own time effectively, be reliable and self motivated
- Portraying professionalism, helpfulness and politeness at all times
- Able to use own initiative to resolve operational issues or escalate accordingly
Desirable / non essential experience requirments:
Experience from an IT industry & or Helpdesk/Call Centre back ground.
- Experience in customer facing role
- Excellent Customer Service skills & experience
- Creating and growing relationships with customers
- A logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills
- Capable of seeing bigger picture whilst equally capable of paying attention to detail
- Provide first class customer service at all times
- Be able to deal with support situations in a non-confrontational manner
This is a list of the technology they currently use/support and what you can expect to be trained in:
- Windows Server
- Exchange Server
- Active Directory
- Windows 7/8/10
- Backup, Disaster Recovery & Antivirus
- Firewall, WAN, WAPs & routers
- Hosted Exchange - Messagestream
- Configuration of Zyxel Managed Switches
- Autotask (This is what we use to log all our support calls)
- AVG & ESET Antivirus
- BackupExec and Windows Backup
- Access Supplychain Catia / Smarteam
This role will not be home based or offer flexible working hours so please do not apply if this does not work for you.
This role is offered on a Permanent basis based in Reigate, if you are not based local to Reigate please detail your commute or relocation plans in your application along with details of:
- Your availability for interview
- Your notice period
- Your current salary
- Notice Period
- Expected Salary
- Your nationality and, if applicable, Visa status and end date.
This role is advertised by Dawn Calverley of Aston Recruitment.