2nd Line Service Desk Support Analyst
Title: Service Desk Support Analyst (advertise as 2nd Line Support Analyst)
Department: Managed Services
Team: Service Desk
Location: QuoStar Solution Limited, Waverley House, Bournemouth
Working Hours: 40 hours per week with occasional overtime (½ hour lunch break)
Reports to: SDM
Salary: up to £24-26k DOE plus benefits, pension, on-call allowance
What we offer:
- Uncapped earning potential - earn for every opportunity.
- Stability - we are employing staff to stay with us for the long-term.
- Progression and career opportunities - we will only employ people with the potential to progress.
- Cash incentives and Spot Prizes
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work Scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Fun working environment and a range of social events
- A great location South Coast location, 10 minutes from the beach.
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Free eye tests
- A wide range of other benefits, such as free phone insurance, travel and restaurant discounts, half-price cinema tickets, plus more!
- Free drinks and fruit!
To support the IT Systems and IT Users of QuoStar’s clients; working on a wide range of systems and applications both on premise, in our own cloud environment and within public cloud services. The role is ideal for someone who can manage their own workload, desires exposure to a large variety of IT technologies and can deliver a high level of customer service to our clients.
- Communicate with clients via telephone, e-mail and remote support tools to resolve Incidents and Service Requests
- Working as a team with other members of the Service Desk support team to resolve client issues
- Attend client sites when required
- On occasion work outside of your normal hours at short notice to resolve client Service Requests
- Undertake pre-arranged out of hours work for QuoStar and client systems
- Partake in the out of hours call rota
- Utilise QuoStar's internal Service Management systems and any other tools required to complete your role
- Technical Responsibilities
o Support and maintenance of client device and server operating systems
o Application support and maintenance
o Server administration
o Firewall administration
o Internet connectivity troubleshooting
o Mobile devices support
o Resolve escalated support queries
- Undertake any training required by QuoStar
- Assist with on-boarding of new clients and project work
- Documentation of client and internal systems
- Follow policies and procedures to comply with QuoStar's ISO20000 and ISO27001 accreditation
- Undertake any responsibilities highlighted in the QuoStar RASCI Matrix
- Management of your own time and resolution of Service Requests within SLA
- Strive for continuous improvement in everything you do
- Any other duties required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in an IT support role.
- Customer service via telephone or face to face
- Troubleshooting and deployment of Microsoft Windows technologies
- Network troubleshooting and configurations - Internet connectivity setup and diagnostics; IP Addressing; DHCP; connection troubleshooting; patching; firewall changes.
- Microsoft Server and Server Application administration
- Office 365 Setup and Configuration
- Ability to pick up new technologies and third party applications quickly
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent time keeping
- Smart appearance
- Attention to detail
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Full UK Driving license and own car
- 9 GCSEs (A-C Grade) or Equivalent
- 3 A Levels (A-C Grade) or Equivalent
- IT related Degree or Equivalent
- Windows MCP
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Azure
- Apple Mac (OS X 10.6 and above)