Kitchen Assistant re: 5000
Our client a prestige sports facility located in an idyllic village a short distance from Farnham Surrey are actively looking to recruit a Kitchen Assistant to join their full complement of Kitchen staff.
Answering to the Head Chef you will initially commence the role by being given the opportunity to learn and develop your "food preparation" and "catering skills" via "on the job" training. Further to this you will be given the chance to obtain Professional Catering qualifications.
By way of working in a very modern fully equipped Kitchen which predominantly hosts Society and Private this role is seen as a real opportunity to commence and develop a career in the Catering and Hospitality trade. Your principal duties will include:-
- Cleaning down and washing up all the associated Kitchen equipment and service items
- Assisting with the preparation of fresh food items
- Assisting with the preparation of bar food and snacks
- Helping to keep the Kitchen areas in a clean and tidy state at all times.
- Helping to operate Kitchen equipment in line with the Clients and Manufacturers Hygiene, Health & Safety polices
For this role the ideal candidate will have some experience of working in a professional kitchen environment and will readily:-
- Co-operate with all team members and undertake duties in the kitchen / service areas as requested to ensure an effective service is delivered at all times
- With guidance ensure areas under your control are kept rigorously clean and maintained to the Company and COSHH standards
- Possess a willingness to learn on the job and work under pressure
- Provide a friendly and efficient service to all work Colleagues and Customers.
- Show commitment to Company values in all aspects of the role
Working a 38 hour week, rotating 5 over 7 days, you will be expected to cover either early shifts 8am to 4pm or late shifts, 10am to 7pm. Subject to experience, pay will be between £15k to £17k per annum.
Please Note: Due to the location your own means of transport is seen as being essential