Project Manager, West Sussex - £45000-55000pa plus great Company Benefits
Our West Sussex based company is a market leader in the design and manufacture of high cost, low volume, capital equipment.
Due to continued growth they require two Project Managers to manage complex development projects and releases. Projects will fall into breakthrough technology studies, new technology product development, product enhancements and improvements, regulatory and obsolescent/ maintenance categories.
Successful candidates will require a good understanding of project engineering best practice and Agile methodologies using SCRUM and SAFe. Good facilitation and coaching skills are important.
* Lead (facilitate), guide, manage and motivate the Project Team / Program through the project engineering process
* Ensure that products are planned, implemented, released and supported consistent with the agreed standards and strategy and risks are identified and managed.
* Plan and manage releases so as to meet Product time-to-market and cost targets to the agreed standards.
* Work with the Project and SCRUM Teams to achieve reviews in accordance with project engineering process.
* Ensures adherence and compliance with regulatory and safety requirements.
* Produce when required accurate project estimates of material costs, obtain necessary approval for this expenditure and manage the actual spend against the approved limit.
* Plays significant facilitation role when planned/unplanned changes impact the delivery of timeline or epic level scope of release.
* Engineering degree qualification or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* A combination of strong commercial and engineering acumen with relevant experience.
* Substantial experience in program/project management/team leadership in product development
* Proven ability to work in an Agile environment for product development
* Ability to thrive in an environment of constant change
* Proven track record of management and reporting to budgets (circa £1m).
* Proven ability to work across and vertically in medium size organisations.
* A good knowledge and application of methods, tools and applications in a high-tech Engineering business a distinct advantage.
* Excellent people management, interpersonal and communications skills.
* A strong negotiator and influencer both internally and externally.
* Strong decision making and analytical/problem solving skills
* Willingness to travel domestically and internationally for role.
For more details please contact Steve Read at Search Technical.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.