Financial Controller part or full time
Financial Controller (part or full time) - Shepton Mallet - Circa: £40,000
Trial Balance Consulting have been assigned by an existing client; a well-established family operated services business with an excellent reputation within their sector. They currently seek to recruit an experienced Financial Controller to work alongside their Finance Director and manage a small, long standing finance team. This is a permanent contract available as either a full or part time position, which could effectively facilitate a 4-day week or around school day hours if required.
The Financial controller will be an experienced, professionally qualified individual possessing superb commercial awareness and the ability to work as part of a senior management team. The company prides itself on its friendly, close knit, team and the successful candidate will be recognised by employees working across all divisions. The role will be focussed towards profitability, performance, strategy and detailed analysis. The successful FC will:
- Provide exceptional technical and commercial accounting control to ensure long-term profitability and growth.
- Work closely with the MD, FD, and senior management team reporting regularly on profit & loss and general business performance.
- Monitor cash flow and provide detailed future financial forecasting reports.
- Take complete control of the budget process.
- Ensure efficient compliance with UK statutory accounting regulations.
- Manage and develop external relationships; suppliers, customers, auditors, banks etc.
- Manage and develop a small team of experienced accounting support staff.
The successful candidate will hold a recognised accounting qualification (ICAEW/ACCA/CIMA) and will probably possess several years of PQE. With excellent technical skills and polished commercial acumen, the Financial Controller will have the experience and aptitude gained from previous posts to add notable value to the business. The post holder should be an Excel whizz with the ability to pick up and develop bespoke accounting systems.
For further details and to apply, please contact Dave Becker quoting reference DB3730.