Proposals Engineer, West Sussex, £30000-38000pa plus benefits
Our West Sussex based client is a leader in the design, manufacture and installation of high cost, low volume capital equipment.
They require a Proposals Engineer to support sales activities from head office, and make regular visits to customers and sites.
* Ensure that enquiries are within capabilities of the company.
* Analysis of contract terms and conditions.
* Act as customer's representative and work closely with the customer to ensure quotation submission success and maintain the company's reputation.
* Meet the customer face to face to clarify the RFQ content and present the completed quotation.
* Issue of RFQ's to specialist companies and subsequent review of received quotations for suitability.
* Preparation of technical quotations and cost estimates and to liaise with Engineering Departments for technical assistance.
* Contract review activities.
* Review and acknowledgement of received orders.
* Release of received orders into the Engineering and Project Departments of the company
* Previous proposals experience.
* Preferably degree qualified or equivalent in a relevant technical discipline
(Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc)
* Familiarisation in project management methodology and project planning tools and
techniques would be an advantage
* Full driving licence and flexibility to travel and spend nights away from home as
* Proficient MS Office skills and the ability to use, MS Project and MS PowerPoint
would be an advantage
* SAP experience would be useful
For more details please contact Steve Read at Search Technical.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.