Great new opportunity has arisen within a young and growing Post Production House. This vibrant creative hub works across a great mix of TV & Film and has an excellent forecast of work for the next few years. Reporting into the FD this role will have full responsibility for the day to day finance function and will help expand the finance team as the company grows.
This is a wide ranging, hands on position where you will be required to get involved in all aspects of both technical and commercial accounting. You will also have close interaction with the Management team to ensure appropriate business decisions are made.
This is a great opportunity for a qualified (including newly) accountant who is looking to work for an independent Media organisation that is full of talented and passionate people.
The position will consider someone who is looking for a role on a 4 day per week basis.
- Preparation and analysis of management accounts;
- Involvement/coordination of the annual budgeting process and re-forecasting throughout the year;
- Cash flow reporting;
- Statutory accounting of 3 companies;
- Manage an Accounts Assistant;
- Bank reconciliations;
- Intercompany accounting and reconciliation;
- Balance sheet reconciliation including accruals & prepayments;
- Maintain the fixed asset register;
- Manage HMRC requirements including VAT, corporation tax and payroll;
- Management of the working capital.
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent);
- Relevant technical accounting skills ideally gained within a media or creative company;
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles and procedures;
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build excellent working relationships, particularly creatives;
- Adaptable, proactive and able to use your own initiative;
- "Can-do attitude" with the drive and ambition to work in a growing and dynamic company;
- Able to embrace change, able to work in a relaxed environment whilst remaining professional and keeping to deadlines;
- A high level of Excel and good systems skills.