Training Course Manager
Training Course Manager
Location: Plymouth, PL6 7TL
Salary: £32,000-£35,000 depending on experience
Employment Status: Full-Time, Permanent
SWAT UK is one of the leading providers of training and consultancy services to the accountancy profession. In addition to running a wide range of accountancy courses in venues throughout England and Wales, as well as online, we also provide consultancy and compliance support to accountancy firms. SWAT UK is part of Wilmington plc Professional Division.
SWAT UK are looking for a Training Courses Manager to oversee the smooth running of the department and Line manage the Courses Team. Project Management will play a key part in this role
Responsibilities will include:
• Working with other functional Heads of Department and Divisional Directors to ensure efficiency and best working practices are adhered to at all times.
• Working closely with the Courses Team to ensure that all public courses, webinars and video webinar are administered to the Company standards. In doing so, making sure that all courses/webinars are attended/hosted by a member of SWAT UK staff or external contacts.
• Visiting the Company’s London office and training venues across England and Wales to meet clients, lecturers and venue organisers.
• Proactive client care liaison for high-value training clients.
• Supporting the Courses Team with reactive client care where problems arise.
• Supporting the Courses Team and other internal clients on correct use of Company database and link to company products.
• Overseeing the booking and confirming of lecturers and venues for forthcoming courses and conference programmes.
• Overseeing the issuing of course notes to non-attendees of courses via email.
• Overseeing departmental tasks assigned to other members of staff.
• Working with the admin team as a whole to enhance best practice and efficiency, in particular working with relevant staff to ensure Company database development is properly implemented and tested.
• Working with internal and external lecturers; building rapport; ensuring they are supported; and quality standards are maintained.
• Working with the marketing department and the Director of Training to guide marketing activities.
• Being able to gain a good working understanding of all the courses team roles and providing holiday / sickness / busy period cover where necessary.
• Occasional involvement with webinar manning (on a rota).
• Working with the director of training and other contacts in the group to develop and implement new procedures and IT systems, and ensure best practice across the group.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Proven track record of line managing several people with the ability to organise and prioritise team and individual’s workloads. Commercial awareness.
• Previous Project Management Experience is key
• Experience of using databases with meticulous attention to detail when inputting or reviewing data.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills, able to communicate to colleagues and clients of all levels.
• Experience of using MS IT programs, including Outlook, Word & Excel.
• Knowledge of the accountancy profession desirable
• Ability to travel out of Plymouth to other SWAT UK offices as and when required, which may involve overnight stays.
• Professionally presented.