Are you passionate about hosting and organising events?
Do you want to expand your knowledge of key UK business sectors?
Previous experience of working in an events role?
Can you stay calm under pressure?
Then this may be the role for you. Read on…
As an Events Executive you will support the planning, execution and follow up of all UK&I events across a range of sectors (financial services, engineering, IT, healthcare, pharma and life sciences), to provide a great customer experience by bringing insights to life and ensuring ROI is demonstrated.
You will be based in London (near Bank), however, you will be working with colleagues across the whole of the UK&I and if you would like to broaden your horizons, travel to our other UK offices will be available. The role will report to the UK&I Marketing Manager, but you will actually be part of the Global Marketing team in a key role to support our consultants and business growth.
So, as an Events Executive what will you actually be doing?
- Working with the UK&I Marketing Manager to plan, organise and execute customer events - our own events as well as attendance at external conferences/exhibitions
- Establishing and agreeing event objectives and targets with stakeholders
- Working with the Group Content and Design teams to ensure we create visually engaging and high quality content (pre- and post-event)
- Promoting our event/attendance by writing email campaigns/communications, creating webpages, organising collateral and promotion via social media
- Working with our consultants, partners, clients and candidates on a daily-basis
- Managing any admin required for a successful event
- Educating our consultants on events best practice
- And of course… attending events!
As an Events Executive, you will need a degree of experience, consisting of:
- 1-2 years' marketing experience or a qualification in marketing/events
- Experience of organising events
- Excellent writing, verbal and storytelling skills
- Good understanding of the digital landscape
- An ability to tailor communications to different audiences
- Stakeholder management (are you good at dealing with people and managing their expectations?)
As an Events Executive, you will manage multiple events at any one time so good time management and the ability to multi-task is essential. But, these qualities will make you a success:
- Excellent attention to detail (does pulling off a great event for 100 customers fill you with immense pride?)
- The ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines (how do you cope when things don't necessarily go to plan?)
- Excellent time management and organisational skills (an events calendar needs a lot of love, and a lot of time)
- Creativity and innovation (are you full of ideas, which you can visualise and articulate?)
- A pro-active personality and an ability to solve problems independently
- Patience (you may be educating those who do not know about running events)
- A personable nature and good communication skills (we want your colleagues to like you)
- Commercially minded (do you think you'll understand how you will fit in with the wider Group Marketing team and the business as a whole?)
- Driven by results - links own KPIs with impact on business performance
- Willing to learn, adapt and grow within the role.
As an Events Executive, we can offer you the chance to gain invaluable experience hosting and attending events across a range of different sectors, with a longer-term view for you to fully manage and set our events strategy.
This is a fantastic chance to join a truly global organisation, where you will be given excellent support to develop your career, travel and gain cross-sector experience. We have a range of company benefits, such as flexi-time, discounted gym membership, season ticket loans and a generous holiday package.
Interested? Convinced? Answered "yes" to the majority of the above?
If so, then great! Now, that you've heard about us, we'd like to hear a little about you, so get in touch…
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.